You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 12-10-10 14:05:03

pdw1977
Website

Very short ID

Well I had my second ID test this morning. The test only lasted for 35 mins, and my pupil didn't even get pulled over before the ID. He was just told to follow road signs whilst on the move and the whole thing lasted less than 2 minutes!??

He passed with 2 DF

I feel there is a lack of consistency going on between test centres...?

Paul :?

Still a Newbie so be nice!!

www.pwdriving.com

12-10-10 14:05:03

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Very short ID

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#2 12-10-10 14:27:59

Peter_Cary
Verified Member
Website

Certainly not what The DSA have been saying

Independent driving explained

Your practical driving test will include approximately 10 minutes of independent driving.

Click here

I hope your client will be demanding a free re-test.  big_smile big_smile big_smile

#3 12-10-10 15:04:00

oz11

Tun Wells? I got my first one there on friday

#4 12-10-10 18:50:15

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

I had my first ever ID test today, pupil said it was easy (passed, 6 driver faults)

BUT...

they did 2 manoeuvres! After the second one the examiner apparently said "whoops, we weren't supposed to do the 2nd manoeuvre - force of habit, sorry!" Only 1 manoeuvre was marked on the sheet.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#5 13-10-10 15:53:59

Dux
Verified Member
Website

That'd have been interesting Rob if they'd cocked up the 2nd manoeuvre, which one would the ex have counted? smile

Part 1 Passed April 07

Part 2 Passed June 07 3 Minors

Part 3 Delayed Success 05/12/07    3-3

Part 3 Passed 20/02/08      5-5

Diamond Advanced Driver 03/06/08

www.polepositiondrivertraining.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 14-10-10 08:05:35

pdw1977
Website

Tun Wells? I got my first one there on friday

Good luck!! What is your driving school name?

They sometimes start the ID from the TC now apparently. Head for Pembury/Hastings (left lane), or Tonbridge (right lane) wink

Let me know how you find it

Paul

www.pwdriving.com

#7 14-10-10 14:29:26

oz11

Plain silver corsa, "STUART" on the roof sign...and saw you at Major Yorks Road around 7ish!

I asked my pupil the other day to follow signs to the station. He surprised me. We ended up going towards the steam(?) railway as the first sign he saw was a brown tourist sign rather than the mainline sign that was just behind it. Must be more careful and clear next time!

#8 15-10-10 08:44:34

pdw1977
Website

I thought that was strange! I don't think I have ever seen you before until we cross paths on this forum and then we pass each other on Major Yorks road......I'm sure we'll bump into each other at the TC at some point, so we'll go for a coffee if you like while the pups are doing their thing.

Paul

www.pwdriving.com

#9 15-10-10 14:11:20

oz11

He didn't pass. Signalled right to change lanes approaching RAB. Went ahead at roundabout as he intended, but with his right indicator still flashing away. Traffic joining RAB gave way to him on seeing him indicating right when they could have joined. No issue with that.

However he picked up a second serious for inadequate blind spot checks. He does it no less effectively than other my pupils who have passed but this examiner didn't seem to like it so I find that inconsistent.

#10 15-10-10 14:36:28

pdw1977
Website

Sorry about the result. Which examiner was it if you don't mind me asking?

www.pwdriving.com

#11 15-10-10 15:03:31

oz11

I didn't recognise him but his name on the sheet was D D******. I was disappointed as I'd been on a good run of passes going back to 2008! Had to end sometime but as I mention above, none of my previous pups has been faulted on blind spots, except for the odd times when they don't do it at all   roll, I'll go back to Sevenoaks then!

#12 15-10-10 15:22:16

pdw1977
Website

I think that is David. He usually does motorbike tests, he is pretty strict! Is Nigel still at Sevenoaks? I have heard some stories about him......only from people that have failed mind you  roll I have never met him

www.pwdriving.com

#13 15-10-10 20:41:12

oz11

Motorcycles eh? Maybe he was expecting a "lifesaver" check over the right shoulder.

Nigel was at 7oaks last time I was there, I've certainly had no problems with tests he has conducted. And he's had no complaint about my pupils' blind spot checks!

#14 16-10-10 07:01:19

G
Verified Member
Website

Nigel left Sevenoaks about 6 weeks ago but I never had any problems with him. Was talking to Dave yesterday & he doesn't think they will replace him as they are not recruiting due to cuts at the moment

www.drivinglessonsedenbridge.co.uk
Grade 6 ADI
ORDIT registered Instructor Trainer

#15 16-10-10 16:43:22

oz11

No more Nigel eh?!

I was surprised at Tun Wells on Fri to see only 2 examiners working, tests are available there for the 2nd/3rd week of November at the moment but I can see that creeping up again.

#16 17-10-10 07:36:26

pdw1977
Website

There has been only 2 examiners there quite a lot since the ID started??

www.pwdriving.com

Board footer