You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 07-10-10 14:58:22

pdw1977
Website

Audi A1 on a PCP

I would love to get the new Audi A1 as my next tuition vehicle, so I have just rung my local dealer to talk numbers. I thought some of you may be interested?

Audi A1 SE 1.6 Diesel

£14,735 OTR

Deposit £1,473.50

Mileage Allowance 30,000 per year

24 monthly payments of £293.71

or

Audi A1 Sport 1.6 diesel

£16,795 OTR

Deposit £1,679.50

Mileage Allowance 30,000 per year

24 monthly payments of £343

They both work out cheaper than my current car from Robinsons! Plus they with include He-Man Duals (if you ask nicely) and a 50,000 mile warrenty including free servicing.

I think I am going to go and put a deposit down over the weekend so I can take delivery in March which is when my current lease runs out.

cheers

Paul big_smile

Still a Newbie so be nice!!

www.pwdriving.com

07-10-10 14:58:22

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Audi A1 on a PCP

#2 10-10-10 10:46:24

Fleet Man

Have test drive the A1 yet? Does the service and warranty comes as standard with you PCP package or did you have to hagle?

#3 10-10-10 11:04:32

pdw1977
Website

Yes, the service and warrenty is all included as part of the package. Unfortunately, they are not available to test drive until November......Thats the only problem!

www.pwdriving.com

#4 10-10-10 14:06:38

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Do they supply a D/C courtesy car if the car breaks down?

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#5 10-10-10 18:58:35

daz6215
Verified Member

who's the lease company Paul?

#6 11-10-10 14:18:21

pdw1977
Website

I've done the whole thing through Audi. Just been and put down a deposit a couple of hours ago.

I am going to use Adrian Flux for the insurance who will supply a D/C car within 24 hrs notice if needed.

Just got to wait until March now. smile

www.pwdriving.com

#7 20-11-10 19:28:32

pdw1977
Website

Finally got to test drive the new Audi A1 today big_smile Anyone who is thinking of getting one.....SHOULD!!

Can't wait to pick mine up on March 1st big_smile

www.pwdriving.com

#8 24-11-10 20:48:33

AlphaBob
Verified Member

There is a write up in the latest Driving Instructor magazine on the Audi A1 they score it 8 out of 10.  Must admit it looks good.

Whose the Daddy!!!
www.bobsdrivingschool.co.uk

#9 06-12-10 18:39:43

jddrivingschool

Do you know when the d/c will be ready from He-Man, When I spoke to the last they hadn't even started making them yet?

#10 10-12-10 18:14:38

pdw1977
Website

I got an email from them today saying that should be ready to go my Christmas smile

www.pwdriving.com

#11 22-02-11 20:49:30

jddrivingschool

I phoned He-Man today and they sent the fitting instructions for the A1, Looks fairly simple and uses holes already in the car. I am going to order the controls via http://www.adindi.co.uk/ they said they can do them for about £240 hope this helps anyone trying to save a bit of cash as Audi won't throw in for free.

#12 22-02-11 21:49:02

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi PDW
Bet your lookin forwards to the 1st, had mine nearly a month now, you wont regret the decision , be funny if anyone else cottons on to the fact you can get a proper car for corsa money lol

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#13 23-02-11 08:17:22

pdw1977
Website

Hi Hector,

Bet your lookin forwards to the 1st, had mine nearly a month now, you wont regret the decision , be funny if anyone else cottons on to the fact you can get a proper car for corsa money lol

I can't wait!!!

I have gone for the 1.6 diesel S line in scuba blue as I like the sporty look big_smile

I have the sign writers and the dual control fitter all booked in and plan to start using it on the 14th. I don' have to take my current car back to Robinsons until the 21st.

How are the pupils finding the A1? Any problems with rear visibility?

How is the fuel economy?

Cheers

Paul

www.pwdriving.com

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#14 23-02-11 16:51:18

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi Hector,

I can't wait!!!

I have gone for the 1.6 diesel S line in scuba blue as I like the sporty look big_smile

I have the sign writers and the dual control fitter all booked in and plan to start using it on the 14th. I don' have to take my current car back to Robinsons until the 21st.

How are the pupils finding the A1? Any problems with rear visibility?

How is the fuel economy?

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul

Cant help with pupils as i dont have any, however rear visibility is absolutely fine no issues at all as regards an instructor car.
Fuel economy is crazy when i drive its 60-70 mpg mixed driving, which bearing in mind its not run in yet is impressive, AUDI's generally perform close to manufactures claims when most other makes are way off in the real world
With an eco drive the skys the limit i feel.
With predicted residuals of 66% its win win win hence the crazy waiting lists to get one.

Diesel S line Lovely,very nice in that blue too, ill let you decide whether you can live with the ride though!!!!

Good luck with it, i for 1 wont be going to any other makes and models in the future, other than the 5 door when it arrives.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#15 24-02-11 09:26:32

pdw1977
Website

Diesel S line Lovely,very nice in that blue too, ill let you decide whether you can live with the ride though!!!!

I have just spent the last year teaching in a Fiesta Zetec S which is lowered and has 17" low profile's so I think the S Line will be like driving on air!! lol

www.pwdriving.com

#16 17-03-11 15:33:31

o0 Andy 0o

Hi, i'm hooked on the A1  It looks great and with a competetive price seems hard to beat. Does it require an additional speedo?

#17 17-03-11 17:10:17

jddrivingschool

No you can change the display behind the steering wheel so the speed is displayed in big numbers if you cant see the main speedo big_smile

#18 17-03-11 21:07:26

pdw1977
Website

The main speedo is easy to see though smile

www.pwdriving.com

#19 23-12-11 18:31:10

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Any updates from users?

I see Audi are offering 1.6 diesel for £385 pcm 2 yr contract 20,000 per year inc service and duals.

#20 23-12-11 19:07:08

martin Williams
Verified Member

Any updates from users?

I see Audi are offering 1.6 diesel for £385 pcm 2 yr contract 20,000 per year inc service and duals.

There cant be many full time ADIs doing under 20,000 can there? I expect once you add on the excess miles and the 1st month payment of £963+vat it will cost well over £10,000 for the 2 years.

Most leasing companies allow you a lot more miles than that.

Some how i cant see too many takers.

#21 23-12-11 19:39:38

on board training

Hi,

If you are going to do higher mileage then consider 4 or 5 years on HP and option to hand back to finance company once half way through.

Cheers, Brian

#22 24-12-11 15:18:36

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Hi,

If you are going to do higher mileage then consider 4 or 5 years on HP and option to hand back to finance company once half way through.

Cheers, Brian

Works if the residual value is higher than the outstanding balance, on a high mileage that might not be the case.

#23 24-12-11 15:23:01

on board training

on board training wrote:

Hi,

Cheers, Brian

Works if the residual value is higher than the outstanding balance, on a high mileage that might not be the case.

Hi,

Not sure what you mean by that kaf or if i have understood what you have posted correctly i.e. the idea is if you have negative equity in the car at half the finance term, you hand back to hp company, they take the hit on the negative equity, not you and you start with a new car again.

Brian

#24 24-12-11 16:02:35

graemeg
Verified Member
Website

I have this car on a 3 year contract at 30000 miles per year and am paying less than quoted above pcm.

And as Brian says my last corsa was on a 5year HP but at 64000 miles was worth less than trade in  value, so after 2.5 years I handed it back or voluntary terminated the contract to be exact. big_smile

Graeme

#25 24-12-11 21:12:31

MAZ
Verified Member

kaf wrote:
on board training wrote:

Hi,

Cheers, Brian

Hi,

Not sure what you mean by that kaf or if i have understood what you have posted correctly i.e. the idea is if you have negative equity in the car at half the finance term, you hand back to hp company, they take the hit on the negative equity, not you and you start with a new car again.

Brian

So what your saying is basically we can take a new car out on HP on say a 3 yr contract, then just hand it back with say 90,000 miles on it after 18 months, just like that, having only paid for 18 months of its life but having used up 3 years worth??

Surely doing this leaves the HP/Finance Company with a loss; I can’t see them doing this without the ADI taking a hit somehow.

Maz.

Board footer