You are not logged in.

#1 30-09-10 20:40:32

NatashaGabrielle

Hi i am new here :)

Hello everyone!

I am so so excited that i have found this forum. I hope it is going to help me on my Part 3 ADI Test. First let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Natasha my middle names Gabrielle (as you can tell haha) I am 24 years old and live in Northumberland in the North East of England. I have always known i wanted a job with something to do with driving as i loved to watch my mum and dad drive as a little girl and i just always loved it. Then when i was 17 and passed my driving theory test first time with full marks i knew i just loved learning more about driving and the high way code. I then went on to passing my driving test first time i was over the moon and felt it was something i felt i was good at. I could hardly wait the 4 years untill i was able to apply to become a driving instructor and as i waited i saved up my own money so i could start the course. It was such an exciting time. Just as i started the course i broke my leg badly and its put me back 2 years  :x So in April this year i started again and passed my theory test straight off on April 16th (well come on i did have two years of learning it at home haha). My driving school started me right away after i had past my theory on my part 2 and i passed first time on Aug 17th. So here i am going to start my part 3 training on Sunday. I am sooooo excited i think i could burst. Its something i have always wanted to do and i just cant wait to get started hehe! I work for Adapt transport in my local town and work along side a driving instructor who is to busy at the moment to help me out but i hope to learn alot more on this forum. I got my lesson plan and CD of brifings off my driving school and i am trying to take in as much information as i can before Sunday.
Wow Sorry this post is so long. Hope to get to know you all alot better. Thanks for reading  lol xxx

30-09-10 20:40:32

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hi i am new here :)

#2 30-09-10 21:01:45

colin166
Verified Member

Hello Natasha,
I really envy you for starting at 24, I wish I had started alot earlier in life.
Sounds as though you have it all planned out and I am sure you will find lots of help and encouragement on this site.
Good luck with your training and part 3 exam. smile

#3 30-09-10 21:26:41

NatashaGabrielle

Aw thank you so much. Yes i kind of always knew what i wanted to do when i was old enough... just waiting was the hard part. I cant wait to learn so much from this site. I was like a kid at christmas when i got my lesson plans haha people could not understand why i was so excited lol. Any advice for starting my part 3 training? big_smile xx

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 30-09-10 21:33:00

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

Hi Natasha. Its so good to hear your enthusiasm for your training.  Reminded me of myself lol.  I found this forum when I.started my part 3 and am still here 4 years later.

You will find everythong you need on here, plus loads you dont really need too lol.

I passed my part 3 on my 5th attempt (yes I am one of the 'round the block twice' brigade) But the support I got here is phenomonal.

Enjoy yourself.

#5 30-09-10 21:45:23

NatashaGabrielle

OH MY GOSH JonnyG your amazing!! Did you have to wait the 2years and pay all that money again. Weldone you for sticking it out and giving it another go... looks like all your hard work has paid off because your now an ADI (i am so jealous haha) And you have your own driving school thats amazing. I have also been thinking of driving school names (i know i am jumping the gun a little but i cant help it hehe) I was thinking about ''Natasha Gabrielles School of Motoring'' what do you think big_smile ?? xx

#6 01-10-10 06:48:37

KevB
Verified Member
Website

Welcome Natasha, and best wishes for part 3. smile

When choosing a school name.  Shorter is better.

Imagine someone having to type your proposed school name out in Google, in emails, in letters etc etc.

Not only the typing and writing of it, think of how people are going to be able to read it on your car as you drive past.... assuming you have a car long enough to actually fit the name on it.   LOL.

Nats SoM  or even NatGabs SoM are punchier and easier to remember, type and read.

Kev.

#7 01-10-10 07:22:06

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Natasha,
What a breath of fresh air you are!
Welcome to our forum, please let us know how your training progresses, and if there is anything we can help you with, we most certainly will try!

How about Nat's Driving School or Gabrie"L"le's  (the "L" being a red L)?

#8 01-10-10 09:20:27

NatashaGabrielle

Aw thank you everyone. This place seems like just what i needed to help me on my way big_smile Your right i didnt think of how long it was... humm will have another little think about my name..... after all this hard work on a driving school name i better make sure i pass hehe! My lesson is on Sunday at 9:30am till 1:30pm. All so exciting. I am with Drive North East for my learning and i have to say that they have been fantastic and really helped me learn so much already. I am trying to get a little help off the driving instructor at work but i am getting the feeling like he does not want to help me out to much, which is ok because i can do this all on my own hehe! Can i hear a little bit more about all your stories on how you became an ADI, they really interest me. Thank you all again so much big_smile xxx

#9 01-10-10 10:30:30

mattlilley
Verified Member
Website

Hi Natasha,

As Vanda says...breath of fresh air, fantastic, sounds as though you have what it takes to be come a great driving instructor.

I found this site while doing my part 3, really helped me out, everyone,well mostly everyone lol on this site will give you great advice and support. There will be ups and downs while doing your training, never give up on what you want to achieve. We probably all had a few dodgy driving lessons in the past when we were learning to drive, take the positives from negatives should any arise. Hope all goes well on Sunday, let us know, I'm sure you will. big_smile

It took me two goes to pass part 3, and now run my own business. One of the best things I've ever done.

Hope all goes well, and good luck.

Matt

Part 1. Passed 16/4/08
Part 2. Passed 16/5/08
Part 3. Failed 1st attempt 17/3/09
Part 3. 2nd attempt Passed 01/05/09
1st Check Test Grade 6 31/3/10

#10 02-10-10 08:07:18

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

Hi again. You asked about my part3. I dnt have to wait 2 years to start over again, as I ran over time, and had my 3rd attempt booked just before my 2 year date...

If you want to read my full story its here....make a cuppa coffee and relax before you start...its quite long.

http://www.drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/fo … 321.0.html

#11 02-10-10 20:12:03

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Hi Natasha

best of luck for your part 3, you have got parts 1 and 2 under you belt, now it's the fun one!  If you are really passionate about teaching anyone to drive and you remember what it was like to learn yourself and you can get your point across with clarity and enthusiasm you will do well  wink  Its a brilliant career, I love doing what I do, I still get nervous for each of my learners out on test and the heart rate goes up when I see them come back on test until I know the result - the day I feel I don't care is the day I give up!  Best wishes for your training, hope all goes well for you.  big_smile

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#12 02-10-10 20:26:42

NatashaGabrielle

Thank you so much. I am really excited about tomorrow hehe. I have everything i need... i think? I have my lesson plans, my brefings CD and my sheets i was given by my driving school. I also have a copy of the high way code, the essential skills, the official DSA guide to learning to drive, traffic sighs book,  mechanical principles and last but not least The Driving Instructors handbook. I mean i dont think i will need them on my first lesson but just in case i do because i dont really know what i will need, so when in doubt take everything haha. I also have a clip bored with all my sheets in and i am going to pop in to tesco before my lesson so i can pick up some marker pens so i can use them if needed on my lesson plan diagrams. Ahhh its all so exciting isnt it hehe!

Its taken me such a long time to get this far and at one stage i thought i would never be able to for fill my dream. Its so amazing that i have even got this far hehe! I cant wait to get all this hard work started and get right stuck in! Its on my mind 24/7 i am so excited about this opportunity i really want to rab it with both hands.

xxxx

#13 02-10-10 23:19:52

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

Come back tomorrow and start a new thread on your training and update it like I did.  Be prepared for a bit of brain overload .

Board footer