You are not logged in.

#1 10-09-10 11:57:28

paulcook
Verified Member
Website

DIAmond special test - I'm an ADI, should I bother with training beforehand?

Hi

I'd like to sit the DIAmond special test (since the DIAmond advanced is akin to Part 2).  Should I bother with training first?  Or is it more financially efficient to just take the test and then learn from any failure result?

Any thoughts welcome.

Paul

Paul Cook, ADI, Grade 5, DIAmond Special Test

10-09-10 11:57:28

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: DIAmond special test - I'm an ADI, should I bother with training beforehand?

#2 10-09-10 16:25:21

(ROG)
Verified Member

Re: DIAmond special test - I'm an ADI, should I bother with training beforehand?

I would certainly consider doing at least one assessment drive with someone who has already done this test recently to get an idea of what you might need, if anything

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#3 10-09-10 18:04:11

jonnmedds
Verified Member

I would definetely get some training first, the standard required to pass the Diamond special is much much higher than for the ADI part 2.

Jon

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 10-09-10 21:33:17

Madiggy
Verified Member

Been there done that = IMO take some training.

When all said and done its not about the certificate is about YOUR skills at driving and being the best you can.

CONFIDENTIAL CHECK TEST TRAINING
http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk/
Life & Executive Coaching
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#5 11-09-10 08:25:37

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

Would you advise one of your pupils to go in for a test without any training first?

The DIAmond special test is £125, I'm guessing you could get an assessment from someone who has already passed it for a lot less than that.

Good luck whatever you decide to do smile

.phil.
:angel:

DIA diploma in driving instruction.  DSA registered fleet trainer.  ORDIT registered trainer part's 1, 2, 3 & ORDIT premises inspected.  SAFED trainer and assessor.  RoSPA approved tutor.  Diamond registered advanced instructor.  Diamond qualified advanced examiner. City & Guilds 7303 PTLLS teaching certificate.  IAM advanced test, Diamond advanced test, Diamond special test, Cardington special test, RoSPA gold

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 11-09-10 15:05:43

ADI Education
Verified Member
Website

Would you advise one of your pupils to go in for a test without any training first?

The DIAmond special test is £125, * red,2,300
it for a lot less than that.

Good luck whatever you decide to do smile

.phil.
:angel:

I would just choose anyone that has just passed. If you are going to take additional training then it should be with but a Competent reliable and knowledgeable trainer.

I am a former Police Driving Instructor and Ex DSA ADI examiner. My qualifications include: BTEC Level 4 Police Driving Skills, BTEC Level 3 in Teaching Advanced driving, NVQ A1 Assessors awrard, DIAmond advanced test, RoSPA gold, Cardington A. I am a grade 6 DSA Instructor, fleet trained and a Class 1 Police Driver. www.janeclarkedrivinginstructortraining.co.uk

Board footer