You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 20-04-10 13:38:05

confused
Verified Member
Website

The time has come..

.. for me to write up my fleet check test I suppose.

There was some interesting info that the SEADI gave me. It wasn't really a "check test" as such. Viv, the examiner, had travelled up from Swansea to Bletchley to do CTs & PT3s for two weeks, so sitting in a car with a fellow Welshman was a nice for him (probably me too as I got a 5).

It was very informal and relaxed, company car driver (obviously) been driving about 15 years, mainly motorways but also A roads & countryside. Up and down the country on business. (when we go in the car I was about to do my in car presentation when he told me "You don't have to. You can just pretend you did it at the offices yeaterday or it's based on a previous assessment you're following up or do the presentation.") I did it anyway, waste some more time (we had to wait for lots of learners to leave first), his mirrors were great, observation at junctions perfect which I tought would be the obvious ones but, he kept driving below (yes below) the speed limit and disrgarding road signs for speed, miniroundabouts etc in town. We then went out onto the "grid system" (if you know Milton keynes at all it's a grid of roundabouts linked by mainly national speed limit roads) and again he was driving well below the speed limit and second guessing the speeds, when dealing with the roundabouts he constantly cancelled his signals early.

Pulled over after about 15 minutes, Q&A on what he was looking for in the road, so much to look for he was missing signs etc. talked about scanning the road to pick up roadsigns, knowing what's in the road ahead early and plan for it. This would also allow him to see speed limit signs and adjust his speed accordingly, maintaining progress with traffic flow, cancelling the signals early, atleast he was using them but he could cancel upon leaving the roundabout but had to ensure he cancelled them.
Coached him on these as we headed back to the test centre, had to take a detour due to all the learners returning but in all was probably out for 40 minutes. The only thing he said I hadn't done well enough was during my debrief I didn't put the problems we'd discussed into a "risk" order. Afterall it's a risk assessment. He also told me they don't expect you to drive on every road type or have your client do a commentary drive, which I wasn't told in my training.

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

20-04-10 13:38:05

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: The time has come..

#2 20-04-10 19:47:46

jlo31
Verified Member
Website

Well done on getting the 5. Excellent  smile

Jlo31

RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction
IAM Motorcycle
DSA ADI (Car)
DSA Fleet registered trainer (Grade 5)
www.PrecisionDriverTraining.co.

#3 20-04-10 20:42:59

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

Nice one, good result, and right descision to give presentation (good waste of time tongue)

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

Board footer