You are not logged in.

#1 20-03-10 20:39:52

finch

Safed Training Courses.

Am wanting to become a safed trainer any ideas of who does the courses and rough idea of costs etc.

20-03-10 20:39:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Safed Training Courses.

#2 20-03-10 21:01:22

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

You have to be fleet registered. 
Contact safed and they will put you in contact with a senior trainer in your area.  It's £700 for two days, though I think it all changes at the end of this month.

.phil.
:angel:

DIA diploma in driving instruction.  DSA registered fleet trainer.  ORDIT registered trainer part's 1, 2, 3 & ORDIT premises inspected.  SAFED trainer and assessor.  RoSPA approved tutor.  Diamond registered advanced instructor.  Diamond qualified advanced examiner. City & Guilds 7303 PTLLS teaching certificate.  IAM advanced test, Diamond advanced test, Diamond special test, Cardington special test, RoSPA gold

#3 20-03-10 21:14:54

finch

I am fleet registered seem to be getting a lot of fleet work (mainly vans) at moment and am looking at ways of enchancing skills further.

#4 20-03-10 22:05:06

ExAdiNigel

If you're fleet registered and doing vans already, you may find you don't learn anything much extra!

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#5 21-03-10 06:42:36

ralge
Verified Member

Yes, at the start of the Safed for vans programme it was a good earner for trainers, so it was an extra qualification well worth having.
If you are getting some fleet/van work without being asked for Safed certification for the drivers I'd say don't bother - but then I can say that having benefitted from it in the early years of the programme.
I'd like some fleet work, fullstop.  Gissajob!

DSA Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Dip, PTLLS, Safed for Vans, NDAC/Speed Awareness on-road trainer, RoSPA RoAD Test Examiner.

#6 21-03-10 08:31:22

finch

Thanks for the replies I know am probally lucky to have some Fleet work ay the moment,but thats why I thought of doing Safed to improve my Cv and keep ahead of the game,even though the work is medium to long term am sure the amount will drop off .I understand what your saying ralge about fleet, last year was the seem for me,then had a couple of phone calls and everthing changes dont give up knocking on doors it will happen.

Board footer