You are not logged in.

#1 25-02-10 10:47:35

pip

Red Training

HI ALL
  Had a driving session booked for this afternoon re pt2 but have been called into work phoned collage to cancell only to be told i will be charged for the lesson
please could someone explain what i paid £3640 for up front bearing in mind they cancelled 2 of my previous lessons to the bad weather which was not bad here in Norwich. and being an ex    H G V driver aged 58 i have probably driven in and seen more snow than than my young instructor who is a great instructor. I have had a hell of a time trying to get lessons here they have been 4 to 6 weeks inbetween. got pt 2 booked for 16 March   

25-02-10 10:47:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Red Training

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 25-02-10 15:57:21

Doc
Verified Member
Website

Sorry to hear that you are frustrated Pip but there is nothing untowards about your trainer charging you for cancelling so late. When you become an instructor yourself, you will have your own T&C's to uphold when your learners cancel on you.

#3 25-02-10 17:41:53

on board training

Hi,

We operate a 5 clear day cancellation policy for the Pt2 & Pt3 training and if you had cancelled with us you would have been required to pay your lesson.

However I can see your point as we do not charge any upfront fees for the training and you have already paid fairly large fees for your course and you should not be asked to pay any more.

Brian

#4 25-02-10 18:31:23

KevB
Verified Member
Website

it was clearly stated in the litriture that TIC used. I dunno about RED

#5 25-02-10 19:43:10

triplea35

When you say that you will be charged for the lessons do you mean that you will have the time deducted from your hours that you purchased as part of the package or do you mean they are going to make an additional charge on top? 

#6 25-02-10 20:20:35

pip

Hi all thanks for your replies was a bit wound up this morning
  The office said that they will send me a bill but i could send them a bill for 2 previous lessons cancelled by them? re the reply about pupils cancelling lessons no i would not like it but when you pay that amount of monies upfront i consider that the 1 hour lesson is more than paid for

Pip 

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 25-02-10 20:49:29

Doc
Verified Member
Website

re the reply about pupils cancelling lessons no i would not like it but when you pay that amount of monies upfront i consider that the 1 hour lesson is more than paid for

Pip

I am not having a pop at you Pip, I get where you're coming from and i sympathise with you, but the trainer must get paid for having his/her time booked out and the company would not be wanting to go down the route of compensating each trainer every time a training session is cancelled, especially as cancellations can be a costly thing when in large numbers. What you are looking for is a little compassion or understanding for an isolated incident and that i can agree with.

#8 25-02-10 20:59:51

DH

Become an ADI, book up your next Bank Holiday weekend with lessons. The day before, expect a list of text messages to arrive saying that your pupils are ill, busy or even (On a Bank Holiday) called into work.

You will be left with one pupil in the middle of the day and from then on you will never again have a dig at any instructor or trainer who charges for late cancellations. Their cancellations because of the snow might be legit, I don't know but if they cancelled on safety grounds there's no argument.

I'm sorry if this isn't what you want to hear pip but it's all borne out of bitter experience.

#9 28-02-10 01:03:40

Jamzey

hi every1, im just new 2 this industry but think i made a big mistake by starting a training course with RED DRIVING SCHOOL, i paid close to £3700 up front for the course which i now know i shudnt hav done, i did my part 1 in july 2009 and passed, part 2 i failed twice but passed on last attempt on november 2009 and was delighted until i rang RED to book part 3 training and was told i cant start my training until march 2010, so in the mean time i started my part 3 training with a different driving schoool and i am very pleased with the training i hav received, i wudnt recommend RED DRIVING SCHOOL 2 any1. i live in Belfast and all my part 2 training was in Lisburn, didnt do even 1 of my sessions in Belfast wer the part 2 test is done. i wish i had of did sum research about the industry b4 i was fooled by the ads on tv from RED,they shud take a RED FACE, maybe thats wer they got the name (RED). :x :x once bitten.

#10 28-02-10 13:07:59

Aspyre

Of course..... this was the old Red which doersn't exist any more.

#11 28-02-10 19:44:30

scannermanh
Verified Member

Hi Pip
You payed the standard fee up front which was supposed to cover the number of lessons required by you to qualify. If you cancel a lesson, that lesson will still have to be taken for you to complete your course. Given notice, cancelled session can be filled by another pupil (this is how I got so many sessions done in a short time) and nobody looses, but if the space is not filled then someone may have to wait even longer while you do the session you should have done earlier.
Having trained and qualified with RED I fully understood what I was getting into, and managed to "work the system" to get what I wanted but would not recomend them to anyone else as it seems to me, that most people sign up with their eyes shut and brain turned off.

Scannermanh the Muppet
nils

#12 28-02-10 21:15:43

pip

Hi Scannermanh
    Yes i understand
but the problems i am having with red is getting training in every time i have tried to book sessions the first 2 were 7 weeks apart when i did complain they told me to book my test then i only got 1 hr for a mock test then failed pt 2 the test i cancelled i really needed but the job i do is 24 hr on call and i was on a days holiday to do this session but the job comes first the £50 red has charged me was more than i earnt but never mind i have put this behind me and even more determand to strive on

#13 09-04-10 21:30:20

TDW

Well I don't see that it makes a difference to them if you can't make the lesson due to the fact that they double up with students on lessons (TIC anyway) so they are still taking a pupil/student out. Not like they are sat about in the college. But it is in the usual TC & C's unfortunately.

Things fall to pieces so that other things can fall into place.

#14 10-04-10 06:25:27

pip

hi TDW
  just to let you know i did contest their £50 fee and did not have to pay.
every time i rang the collage for lessons i have had to wait 5 to 6 weeks inbetween if i was paying as you go then yes i would agree with the fact that i would have to pay. The only training i have recived is 2 x 4 hr 2 to 1 and 1 x mock test for 1 hr so i paid a local ADI and passed my pt 2. When i called them for pt 3 training i had an 8 week wait.
So rang area training manager had a good whinge he gave me new dates only had to wait 2 weeks now started pt3 40 hrs booked over the next 3 weeks but then its 2 to 1 again so had 4hrs incar 2to1 [ no classroom here in Norwich ] and my trainer told me to book my test which i am not doing untill i feel confident. The problem with my job is that i am contracted 24hr callouts allways on standby and with the training school you can not pre book pt 2 training in a block pt3 you can so all my 40hrs are now booked and so is time off work. any way all in the past so onwards and upwards and lots of studying.

PIP     

#15 31-05-10 09:04:52

bigred
Verified Member
Website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 … ng_School/

Accessing training has always been a problem with Red. I'm getting somewhat fed up with them because their poor reputation is now affecting my own business. neutral

Regards,

#16 01-06-10 10:56:34

ExAdiNigel

Perhaps you should have bought them out when the opportunity was there? wink

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Board footer