You are not logged in.

#1 24-02-10 12:37:47

maria27

1st Practical test, Failed :(

I had my first practical test today and unfortunatly failed  sad

I failed on the reverse parellel park. I thought i was going to hit the kerb so i kept trying to correct it by going forwards again, but i ended up faffing about too much so a big fat fail.

Other than that, i only got 5 minors. One for Gears which i think was when i was in fifth gear and i tried to go down into 3rd but it slipped into 2nd, but i corrected this quickly.
Another minor for hesitation.
Another minor for control on reverse round corner. I dont know why though!
I got another minor for Traffic lights. I was aproaching them too fast and they changed, causing me to brake harshly.
Last minor was positioning.

I really wanted to pass, but hey ho  neutral

24-02-10 12:37:47

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 1st Practical test, Failed :(

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 24-02-10 13:17:12

DH

Well done Maria for giving it a go.

Sounds like you were a bit nervous because there were faults for hesitancy and then approaching the lights too fast/braking harshly.

The control fault for reversing around the corner usually means you either brushed the kerb or went wide. I would be more worried if you got faulted for observations.

You have the advantage now of knowing what the test is like so you will be less nervous next time. Work on the things you got wrong and sort out another test.

I failed my first driving test many years ago and it was a lot worse than yours. I almost mowed an old woman down on a zebra crossing, bumped the kerb when I moved off outside the test centre and the windows misted up (only on my side) and I didn't know where the demister/heater switches were so you have actually done quite well.

Best of luck.

#3 14-03-11 15:33:00

DTDriver
Verified Member

Very good effort. I'm sure you will do even better next time.

#4 04-08-11 14:28:40

MattyH

Here we are a few months down the line, any luck ?

#5 22-02-12 13:44:42

BB Driving School
Website

Reverse Park Routine
1 Back ends pass 1 turn of steering wheel to left
2 When your car gets a 2 oclock angle (you started at 12 oclock) 1 turn right
3 When kerb goes from left wing mirror 1 turn to right
4 When straight with car infront straighten wheels

and lots of all rd observation

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 23-02-12 14:26:17

kaf
Verified Member
Website

BB Driving School wrote:

Reverse Park Routine
1 Back ends pass 1 turn of steering wheel to left
2 When your car gets a 2 oclock angle (you started at 12 oclock) 1 turn right
3 When kerb goes from left wing mirror 1 turn to right
4 When straight with car infront straighten wheels

and lots of all rd observation

point 3 Might work as written on your car, but will not on all cars.

variables such as size of door mirror, how it is adjusted will vary what you see.

On my car, if you wait for the kerb to disappear you will be parked on the pavement!   big_smile

Board footer