You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 18-02-10 21:10:15

Pilgrim
Verified Member
Website

CPD for people who use Forums

I've been looking on various Forums in my Area out of say 200+ Driving Instructors in my County I have only found 5 - 8 Instructors.

Surely if we are active on different Forums we are activley seeking to improve our knowledge. Could this be considered for CPD   

Tony

Offering You the Freedom of Drivng in Boston
www.bostondrivingschool.co.uk
www.12drive.co.uk

18-02-10 21:10:15

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: CPD for people who use Forums

#2 18-02-10 21:16:04

KevB
Verified Member
Website

Yes.

But then, ADI CPD  is currently in doubt.

#3 18-02-10 22:26:28

Pilgrim
Verified Member
Website

Sorry I must be out of date.

please can you tell more?  :?

Offering You the Freedom of Drivng in Boston
www.bostondrivingschool.co.uk
www.12drive.co.uk

#4 10-03-10 23:55:37

looprevil
Verified Member

Bit lost Kev how can CPD be in doubt? Or do you mean that the someone or some organisation says it's in doubt?

Continuing to develop oneself does not need any person or any organisation to say you need to do it the best development is that of your own choosing.

regards

Paddy

smile  big_smile  lol  cool

#5 11-03-10 09:31:35

jonsmithuk
Verified Member

CPD = Attitude= Latest buzz word for the DSA management to justify their jobsworth. There has been chatter about cpd for two years , yet as a forum member and an instructor of long standing , all I can say is that I have strived to improve my instruction techniques since I was registered to the Ministry of Transport ( before It joined the D.O.E. ) and before the DSA was dreamed of.

As for the new word Attitude . most of my pupils are 17/18 year olds , and they come with attitude ! If the DSA thinks they or anyone else can stop a 17 year old "man" from thinking he is fireproof I'd love for them to tell me how .

The DSA think that if you pay them to go to a conference thats CPD .  Not in my opinion , but who am I to tell DSA anything. I sent them an e-mail about a consultation recently. Got a message back asking me to put it on another form . Like I'm a beaurocrat ! If they valued input the guy that wrote back could have done that himself. They are all Jobsworths the moment you get above examiner level.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 12-03-10 13:06:27

Roadmaster
Verified Member

The DSA think that if you pay them to go to a conference thats CPD

DSA aren't charging for ADIs to go to conferences, and CPD certificates have been issued free to all those I've attended.

Unlike one association who ripped off ADIs by charging £8.50 for a piece of paper with the letters CPD on, whilst attending a meeting which was nothing more than a recruiting exercise for the association, plus a free contact list for the car dealer.

#7 12-03-10 20:40:19

tobyphotos
Verified Member
Website

Hi , After reading this thread i need to ask the question................How can we prove that we are doing a form of CPD by using this forum ? please don't think of me as a Dumb A**

Taking a Positive approach to learning to Drive
www.positivetuition.co.uk
+447828724510

#8 12-03-10 21:11:00

Roadmaster
Verified Member

You record the time spent and what benefit you have gained on  your CPD record, which eventually will be seen by the examiner at your checktest.
CPD record forms can be downloaded from the DSA website. (Can't find the link, can someone help).

Browsing forums etc will only count towards the 'elective' part of your CPD though,  you will still be required to do 50% 'prescriptive' CPD.

#9 12-03-10 22:26:46

finch

When doing CPD you need to be reflective at all times and  like the core compentices use as a basis assess review and remedial issues, but at end of the day it has to be whats right for you.

Board footer