You are not logged in.

#1 27-03-04 12:37:02

Folk

Do you own your own car?

Do any Learners own their own car?  When you're not driving with your instructor, who takes you out for practice?  I find it very difficult practicing because my husband is a rep. and I never know what time he'll be home from work, often after 7 pm.  At the weekends, he does all the grocery shopping and as he is a qualified hockey umpire, gets asked to umpire a match every Saturday.  We attend church at least once, but often twice on a Sunday, so doesn't leave much time to go out for a drive!

Also having 4 children to consider doesn't make life easy when one wants a practice drive!

What are your experiences - please post them here.  I'd love to hear from you.

Folk  smile

27-03-04 12:37:02

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Do you own your own car?

#2 27-03-04 20:20:20

Liesa

Hi Folk

Now before you say it I know I'm an ADI, but once apon a time I was also a learner!

I didn't find learning exactly easy and could tell you a tale or two, but I won't bore you with the details.

My long suffering husband Kev (at the time he wasn't an ADI), used to let me drive the car whenever we went anywhere together, shopping, visiting friends and family, taking the kids to school, basically any journey we needed to make I drove!

I found the practise extremely beneficial, try it you may find you have more time to practise than you think.   :idea:

#3 29-04-04 01:19:06

Darren

i decided not to buy a car untill i have my licence. Nobody in my household has a full licence, so theres no point. Plus if i fail my theory, HPT or main test, ive still to pay the insurance and that for the car, that i cant drive :cry:

#4 05-05-04 21:07:18

janeyjj

I have my own car and try to go out in it most nights of the week with various willing friends. I drove all round Wales last weekend and previous to that i drove to Sherringham,320 miles over 2 days!! I've clocked 1000 miles so far,so hoping all this practice will help me to pass my test in 6 weeks time  :? I'm sure without the extra practice in my car i would be no where near test standard yet.

#5 06-05-04 07:26:58

Liesa

Good luck with your test Jane wink  Let us know how you get on.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 21-05-04 14:31:23

kitty falol

Yes, I own my own car.

I didn't buy it for a quite a while though.  Not until I'd failed my first test  :oops:  and probably had about 40 lessons.  I'd got to the point where my instructor said I didn't need any more lessons, I just need to pass the test!

Anyway, 4 tests later(!), I've found that it's saved me an awful lot of money.  Where I live, there's a 3 month waiting list for the tests so it has saved me a fortune in lessons. I'll just go out for a couple of hours at the weekend with my husband to maintain my practise and then book maybe 4 lessons with my instructor just before the test to get some more intense practise in.

Mind you I did have to buy my own car because I'm learning in an automatic and at the time my hubby drove a manual.

I wouldn't recommend buying a car in the beginning though.  My husband has never been nervous in the car with me, because he didn't accompany me when I was first learning to drive.  I imagine if he'd taught me from the start there would have been quite a few arguments and sulks

Board footer