You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 25-12-09 09:48:22

triplea35

LDC ( Learner Driver Centres ) - Any Views ?

I am at a very early stage studying for the Part 1 and was planning to go the independent route finding a local trainer for PAYG hourly training for Parts 2 & 3.
I have come across the LDC website:    http://www.learnerdriving.com/driving-i … uctor.html  and am quite impressed by it and now considering going that route.
Has anybody any experiences with them that they would like to share whether good or bad. I would be interested in views both  on the training element and the subsequent franchise.
Thanks & Merry Xmas

25-12-09 09:48:22

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: LDC ( Learner Driver Centres ) - Any Views ?

#2 25-12-09 12:06:27

jlo31
Verified Member
Website

My advice is go down the PAYG route. If something happened and you could not continue the training at least you have only paid for the training you have already received. If you don't get on with the trainer you can sack him and find another.

If you pay up front then you are stuck with what ever trainer the company give you. If you decide driving instruction is not for you you have lost all your money.

Saying that is you are going for one of the big companies then I have heard some people highly rate LDC.

Just ask how much one to one training do you get. In my opinion 40 hours is the bare minimum.

Good luck

Jlo31

RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction
IAM Motorcycle
DSA ADI (Car)
DSA Fleet registered trainer (Grade 5)
www.PrecisionDriverTraining.co.

#3 26-12-09 17:09:34

Linda
Verified Member

My route to qualification was a very long process I used three different trainers. The last one was an LDC trainer who is the reason I qualified. I really wish I had gone to LDC at the start and done the whole thing with them.

I've now had an LDC franchise since I qualified in July 2008, and am perfectly happy, to the point going indy doesn't interest me in the slightest! The franchise itself is really good value for money.

I really like the support I get, they really are only a phone call away and since I qualified I've had some very strange things happen! They also listen to their ADI's feelings on company policy. Also I always feel when I call up that I'm a person and not just another ADI or a number. 

Why not give them and a call and see what they have to say?

Linda

#4 27-12-09 10:18:02

silverback
Verified Member

I have been with LDC for six and a half years now and I am very happy with them.
I trained with them to become an instructor and I am now an ORDIT tutor with LDC.
Your part 2 and part 3 training is 1 to 1 so you get your full hours of training.
There are various ways to pay for your training. They have added more flexible ways to pay
since I did my training, so the best thing is to give then a call and see what they say.
Of course Im going to be biased but as far as Im concerned you wont go far wrong with LDC.
But you could do alot worse.

Andy

#5 28-12-09 20:14:24

ExAdiNigel

Think back to your school days, some teachers you liked and some you didn't.  A really good teacher could get you to enjoy a subject you didn't like?  Well almost.

Same with ADI training.  How you get on will depend on the individual trainers, not the company/franchise they work through.  LDC may have a good system, but they also have their share of good and bad trainers, as do other companies like the AA and BSM etc.

If you do try LDC, or any other company, ask to meet your trainer before you make any commitments - you will be spending a lot of time cooped up in a car with him/her.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#6 28-12-09 20:45:27

jlo31
Verified Member
Website

Completely agree with Nigel. This is why in my opinion pay as you go is the best way to go. If you get on with the trainer then fantastic, if not ditch him/her and try someone else. At least you have not lost any money apart from the lesson you have just received.

RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction
IAM Motorcycle
DSA ADI (Car)
DSA Fleet registered trainer (Grade 5)
www.PrecisionDriverTraining.co.

#7 29-12-09 13:29:30

yasmin
Verified Member

I trained with LDC and have been with them from the start. After doing a lot of research into the subject and having 3 interviews, I opted for LDC because it suited me in every way. I wanted to understand the reasons behind the theory answers-- not to learn them by rote as one interviewer suggested. Although you can do Parts 1 and 2 on your own, the three qualifying exams are so intertwined, it is advisable to see them as a whole. LDC's training,in my opinion, is second to none but like Silverback, I suppose I'm biased! They're a friendly bunch and are always at the end of the 'phone if you need help. Give them a call and you can always PM me if you want any help. big_smile
Oh and one thing---- it's Learner DRIVING Centre. I've a feeling that there may be a Learner Driver Centre out there too. Don't get the 2 confused!

#8 31-12-09 07:56:57

nay7272

I have views but I cannot say them on here or they would remove it will email you

#9 31-12-09 08:58:40

yasmin
Verified Member

Oh very cryptic! What happened to Macca's post by the way?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 31-12-09 12:34:21

VandADI
Administrator

Oh very cryptic! What happened to Macca's post by the way?

Macca removed his own post.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 01-01-10 17:31:04

ExAdiNigel

I have views but I cannot say them on here or they would remove it will email you

Why would they?  If you have an opinion based on your experience and put it constructively then I see no reason why Vanda should remove it.  This is an independent forum and so wont be biased towards any training company.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Board footer