You are not logged in.

#1 20-12-09 22:30:23

mouldy

PASSED FIRST TIME!!!!

Did my test last wednesday and got a pass with 6 minors!!! I couldn't believe it had happened.

I thought I had failed after 10 minutes when we reversed round a corner (always has been a weak part of my driving!) as I was reversing round I looked to see that a car was coming and for some reason carried on going don't know why it just seemed natural and then I reliased what I was doing!!! But got no minors on that!! Then later in the test when moving off I managed to leave the handbrake slightly on only to realise I couple of hundred yards down the road then corrected it and thought that was another fail.

But it wasn't and I managed to pass couldn't believe there were only 6 minors aswell. Shocked the whole family who were convinced I was gonna fail.

20-12-09 22:30:23

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: PASSED FIRST TIME!!!!

#2 20-12-09 22:34:20

Adi1234

Well done a good result there only six minors. Now you have passed you will indeed learn more have you thought about the pass plus course?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 21-12-09 11:37:54

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Well done Mouldy. Enjoy your xmas.

Its uncanny how many successful candidates say "I thought i'd failed for............"

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#4 21-12-09 16:06:18

mouldy

Am doing pass plus shouldn't take too long as the only thing I really haven't expierenced now is motorway driving. Which my dad is planning on taking me out for anyway.

But I wanna do pass plus mainly because of the insurance after asking my insurance company what would happen in terms of discount if I did do a pass plus course they said I would get a pretty good discount. After talking with my instructor he says it wouldn't take long to do etc so I am definately going to be doing it.

#5 21-12-09 21:14:11

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Congratulations on your first time pass, a great result, enjoy your pass plus, it's a great way to experience the more interesting side of driving that driving lessons don't always allow us to show you!  Motorway is a great one, good country roads another, at this time of year and the weather we are experiencing will be a bonus to your instructor to show you the aspects of all weather driving and of course night driving if you are out after 4pm! 

You mention it shouldn't take long - the course is a minimum of six hours or did you mean it won't be long before you take it? 

Yes the insurance side is good, hopefully bring your premium down as a novice driver, stay safe in these conditions and enjoy your new found freedom.   smile

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#6 21-12-09 21:59:03

Van Man
Verified Member

See Mouldy, I knew you could do it! Well done. big_smile May be when when you have some experience you could join your local IAM group. Again you could get a discount on insurance through the institute. As I said to you before, just take on what your instructor has told you, build on this basic knowledge and then refine it so you will get better and better and enjoy your motoring. 8-) If your mates try to egg you on, do not give into your them and what ever you do, don't be a show off yikes
Best regards for the future.

DON'T GET ME STARTED.
I'm not doing it wrong,Its just another way of doing it right!
IAM observer

#7 21-12-09 23:06:07

mouldy

The fact for the first 2 years I have only got 6 points before my licence gets taken off me I just tell my mates I am not getting clocked for no reason.

Got pulled over tonight aswell!! Was expecting it really because I am driving a less than 1 year old Ford Focus and I look a lot younger than 17!!!!!! Somebody called the police claiming a few young lads had nicked a new car!!! Still had done nothing wrong and the filth were just wasting their own time! Still was a nervous wreck considering their were 3 cop cars blocking me from doing a runner even though I was never going too!

#8 23-02-10 10:00:49

theorytest
Website

Hi,

Congratulations!!!!!!!  for passing in 1st attempt.

Enjoy Driving!!!!!!!!!!

Board footer