You are not logged in.

#1 17-11-09 10:50:17

simi

starting on a pink this friday, and first pupil is a partly trained

Hi every one! I'm going to start on pink this Friday, and my first pupil has had 25 lesson or even more.My question  is ,what shall I start with? Do you think it would be better to let him drive and assess what he already knows ,than build up on the previous knowledge
  and make up a structured course for him? thanks smile                                                                                               

17-11-09 10:50:17

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: starting on a pink this friday, and first pupil is a partly trained

#2 17-11-09 12:21:48

Matterhorn

Only when you have asked him relevant questions can you decide where to start.

Were his lessons 1 hour or 2 ?
What has he done to date ?
What can he remember from previous lessons ?
Were his lessons recently or 20 years ago ?

There are many questions you can ask but until you have asked them it is impossible to know where to start.

Once they set off driving don't forget to close your eyes and hope for the best. big_smile

#3 17-11-09 18:00:40

simi

Thanks for your advice.I was thinking of this and, and anyway, it can be 20 years ago cause I think is around 20 years old! lol.
, I will figure that out on Friday and I think I'm worrying to much.I'm going to let you know guys how it goes!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 17-11-09 21:43:42

c-way
Verified Member
Website

My first lesson on my pink licence was very similar, at least 20 hours, very confident (apparently!) I did some q&a with him but he was a pupil who just wanted to get out and drive and not sit and chat, so I got the info I needed quick and we cracked on with the driving, scary on the first lesson for me, but the best method for him, he was more practical than theoretical and preferred to learn on the go.

You won't know until you meet them, but stay in control, gather as much info as you can, and remember what they have told you.  Enjoy the lesson, and above all remember you know more than they do!!!! 

Good luck and have fun  smile

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#5 17-11-09 21:57:42

supps
Verified Member

Try just starting off with some simple q&a for example imagine he is going to turn left at the next junction. ask him how he would approach it. His answer will give you some idea as to whether he knows the basics of MSPSL and why it needs to be done that way.That might help you establish his attitude to mirror checks. Depends where you pick him up from but ask him to identify any particular hazards. If he is confident then move off but always keep on top of him. I had exactly the same for one of my first lessons on a pink and , once we had had a quick chat, he shot off down the road and approached a junction much too fast and not under control. He wasn't happy when I told him to slow down .

#6 17-11-09 23:25:12

digit
Verified Member
Website

Hi simi
I had a similar 1st start and from that experience the best advice i can give you is YOU drive somewhere to access their driving before venturing out.
Guy that i got had 30 plus lessons but still could not turn or emerge left!
Too wide entering and leaving road.
At least it gave me somewhere to start on my first lesson  smile
Best wishes

Donnie ADI.

#7 18-11-09 18:11:12

simi

Thank you all for your advices, I really have a good idea of how I am going to do on Friday .

#8 22-11-09 22:49:49

mspl

I would start of by you driving to a suitable area, where you can asses there driving in a controlled way.
I have learned by experience not to take as gospel, there account of there driving skills.
Start by some simple left and right turns,and emerge left and right,if all is well you can venture out into the
big wide world.
Stop them after about 30 mins and give them a update on the lesson so far.
Try and give yourself an escape route if it all seems to be getting a bit much for them.
Good luck and remember to keep control.

Board footer