You are not logged in.

#1 24-09-09 16:08:29

Lucky245
Verified Member

No green badge in N.I. anymore

After passing my part 3 in August sent off all my documentation and today got a temporary badge back but no Green ADI badge for car.  Rang the ADI centre and was told we are all (in Northern Ireland) getting issued a credit card sized badge and lanyard next month which we have to wear while teaching but no longer do we get a green badge. So it seems taking the badge out of the car for test will no longer be required (for those that do it) as you wont have one to take out.

Shucks was looking forward to getting the green badge everyone is always talking about, what a let down  sad 

"Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean its wrong!!!"

RoADA Gold

24-09-09 16:08:29

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: No green badge in N.I. anymore

#2 24-09-09 16:49:25

driver69

As far as I know we will still be able to put the badge in the car on when on test. I assume it will be designed to be easily removed.

#3 24-09-09 17:29:22

Lucky245
Verified Member

Possibly but the guy in the ADI dept said it was credit card size with photo and supplied on a lanyard.

RoADA Gold

#4 24-09-09 17:47:36

keith williams
Verified Member

We never did get a green badge over here. Just a small rectangular laminate bit of card with your photo on it. Nor did we ever have to display the badge, even during tests

They're hopefully changing the rules so that ADIs have to display the new style license as well as introducing a compulsory ORDIT register

#5 24-09-09 17:54:56

Lucky245
Verified Member

Now that explains everything, I obviously assumed that although it may be slightly different we also had a green badge the same as the mainland.  Should have known better.  Thanks for clearing that up Keith.

RoADA Gold

Board footer