You are not logged in.

#1 21-09-09 12:12:13

angel22

Anyone used GoDrive? they employ you after training and pay you a salary.

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone had any experience with GoDrive?

Course fees are buy now pay later with unlimited training to get you through.

After qualifying they employ you and guarantee a salary of £25k min in first year, with the usual tax and ni deductions of course.

The website is impressive, but just wondering what the catch is??

Any thoughts?

21-09-09 12:12:13

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Anyone used GoDrive? they employ you after training and pay you a salary.

#2 21-09-09 16:35:44

FRANKS
Verified Member

which GODRIVE we talking about here

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 21-09-09 17:15:01

Woodyloon
Verified Member

Think it is this one

www.godriveuk.com

Part 1   30/10/09   100/67
Part 2   29/9/10     2 d/f

#4 21-09-09 18:25:13

Trumper
Verified Member

Sounds too good to be true. You don't get a salary you are still self employed. Be very very careful!!!

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual
Cardington A , D.I.A Special test, R.O.S.P.A , I.A.M

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 22-09-09 05:37:23

ExAdiNigel

Sounds too good to be true. You don't get a salary you are still self employed. Be very very careful!!!

Are you sure Trumper?  Or is that just hot air?  The site actually states...

We aren’t like the rest, once you have qualified you have the choice to work with us on PAYE, we pay you an hourly rate give holiday pay and provide you with a new car every year, or you can take out a small weekly support fee.
With most other driving schools the only choice is a franchise and self employment,

PAYE sounds more like an employed position than self employed to me. 

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#6 22-09-09 07:33:15

Trumper
Verified Member

Oh I see what you mean Nigel. It does say PAYE.

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual
Cardington A , D.I.A Special test, R.O.S.P.A , I.A.M

#7 22-09-09 07:53:09

hector
Verified Member
Website

I wouldnt say be carefull, id say be extremely carefull, this has been tried before, PAYE? Yeh right!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#8 22-09-09 07:59:42

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

In the 'earnings potential' section it does say "earnings achieved as a  Go Drive self employed Instructor" and it also shows they take a franchise fee.  If they employ you, wouldn't they take all the income and pay you a regular salary?

Also there is no mention of the trainers qualifications, and no mention of ORDIT. Obviously you don't need to be ORDIT registered to deliver training, but a company as big as they are claiming to be, you'd think they would be! ...... Actually, I just checked, and they aren't on the ORDIT register!!  My understanding is you have to be ORDIT registered to advertise as an instructor trainer.

.phil.
:angel:

DIA diploma in driving instruction.  DSA registered fleet trainer.  ORDIT registered trainer part's 1, 2, 3 & ORDIT premises inspected.  SAFED trainer and assessor.  RoSPA approved tutor.  Diamond registered advanced instructor.  Diamond qualified advanced examiner. City & Guilds 7303 PTLLS teaching certificate.  IAM advanced test, Diamond advanced test, Diamond special test, Cardington special test, RoSPA gold

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 22-09-09 08:13:43

Roadmaster
Verified Member

My understanding is you have to be ORDIT registered to advertise as an instructor trainer.

That's not correct.  There are some very good trainers who aren't Ordit registered.  Some are  better than Ordit registered too.

#10 22-09-09 14:38:54

ExAdiNigel

I wouldnt say be carefull, id say be extremely carefull, this has been tried before, PAYE? Yeh right!

I fully support the idea of being VERY careful.  Ask yourself why more companies don't offer PAYE.  Perhaps it doesn't work very well?

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#11 22-09-09 16:54:35

sipin
Verified Member

If you are really PAYE why are you having to pay £205 to £265 per week, I am paid PAYE I don't have to pay my firm to work for them (Go Drive Share), I don't have to pay fuel expenses for driving the company vehicle.

And If you closely at their figures on their lowest band you loose nearly £13,000 in fees.

This looks to me as if it is Self Employed but in stead of you getting your own accountant you pay them ! ! and if you are PAYE you most likely will not be able to claim any tax benefits.

It reminds me of the old 'Let's drive' set up

Even when things go wrong you can learn from them

#12 22-09-09 17:04:13

hector
Verified Member
Website

Just when you think everything has been tried.............. PAYE. Any company in their right mind will avoid employing people! its just makes no sense whatsoever, if something is too good to be true, it generally, no always is.

Non ordit registered trainers better than Ordit registered? Why not prove it, by becoming Ordit registered!? 

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#13 23-09-09 14:25:02

Macca
Verified Member

A few years ago Roadcraft UK made very similar claims about offering PAYE and a Guarantee of a minimum of £25k in the first year, unlimited training etc. Yes it did seem too good to be true and many people flocked to buy driving instructor training courses from them because they didn't like the uncertainty of going to BSM, AA or LDC who make it clear they are offering a franchise and income cannot be guranteed. As usual it was all a clever play on words and relied on many students failing etc. There are several bogus driving schools operating to a lessor or greater degree on a similar approach. Driving schools that make over 90% of there income from selling driving instructor training courses rather then from operating an actual driving school. The scam ran for nearly 4 years before the whole business collapsed leaving hundreds of trainee driving instructors high and dry with no training and short of £2,500 each! Like the others above you have now been warned - don't get taken in go to a real driving school with a proven track record of success.

#14 23-09-09 19:33:00

hector
Verified Member
Website

Excellent post macca

The real point is a limited company is indeed Limited! Here today gone tomorrow.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#15 07-11-09 09:51:19

mrbrightside
Verified Member

Not heard of Go Drive. But if someone says to me they would guarentee me £25k in the first year, I would simply tell them they are mad and have no sense of the industry. NOBODY can guarentee you a wage in this business. I didn't even have to look at the website to know that this is probably not going to last long. I echo other peoples thoughts- If something sounds too good to be true, then it probably is!

On a side note, BSM are offering a PAYE option. Just as an example, I was told that if the lesson price was £25.50 and you worked 11-15 hours per week then you would get £8.15 with the rest going to BSM. Your hourly rate goes up if you do more hours. So in a way, yeah its PAYE, but BSM are still taking a cut of your fees. At that rate, quite a large cut! If you do 27-30 hours then you get £15 of the lesson fee, so a bit better. Either way, BSM are still taking a cut of the money YOU earn!

They do provide everything their normal franchise offers though. So it does take some hassle away if you get a set fee per lesson. I'd certainly want a lot more info anyway!

Part 1: Passed (11/9/07) 96/100 & 68/75
Part 2: Passed (19/10/07) 3 Minors
Part 3: (2nd) Passed (27/11/08) 4/4
Check Test: Grade 5 (16/03/11)

Board footer