You are not logged in.

#1 20-09-09 23:43:51

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

ADI Application and CRB check????

Hi All,

I'm about to apply the DSA to register as a PDI. I have 3 points on my license for an SP30 speeding offence. I was under the impression that the 3 points were not an issue and I should apply as normal by first send off the CRB check and wait for the CRB reference number before sending off the the ADI 3 form to the DSA (complete with the CRB reference Number).
But, I've now been told that because I have 3 points that I need to send the ADI 3 form to the DSA before I have the CRB reference number.. but, there would be no harm in getting the CRB check while the DSA are reviewing my application.

Any thoughts??
What is the correct way to do this?

Passed Part 1 - 08/12/09. 2nd attempt 99/65
Passed Part 2 - 20/01/10. 1st attempt 'Zero Faults'
Passed Part 3 - 29/06/10. 1st attempt 4 - 5

20-09-09 23:43:51

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ADI Application and CRB check????

#2 21-09-09 06:44:05

nigel
Verified Member

get the crb check started it all takes time

DSA ADI
Fleet trainer, Iam ,Rospa (gold) Tutor. DIAmond Advanced/

#3 04-10-09 20:01:13

pat19799

Surely an SP30 isn't a Criminal Offence so it wont come up on a Criminal Record Check, therefore just get your CRB check off ASAP as it can take a while - mine took 16 weeks  yikes

Part 1 - 1/9/9 - Failed
Part 1 - 3/9/9 - Passed
Part 2 - 9/10/9 - Passed
Part 3 - ?

#4 10-10-09 11:16:13

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

Great news... first step done.. After just less than 3 weeks, my CRB Disclosure came through this morning... It is now official that I am NOT an axe murderer or a danger to the public in any way, shape or form:)
Now just have to apply to the ADI register and then book part 1.

It looks pretty easy to apply to the register online, but does anyone have a view on whether it is better to apply online or by post??

Passed Part 1 - 08/12/09. 2nd attempt 99/65
Passed Part 2 - 20/01/10. 1st attempt 'Zero Faults'
Passed Part 3 - 29/06/10. 1st attempt 4 - 5

#5 10-10-09 12:38:55

pat19799

Well after I applied online and waited 4weeks I decided to fill out an application form and post it off. Came back in 2 weeks smile

Part 1 - 1/9/9 - Failed
Part 1 - 3/9/9 - Passed
Part 2 - 9/10/9 - Passed
Part 3 - ?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 10-10-09 16:11:22

Marco Polo
Website

You deal with the DSA the same way as you deal with learner pupils, with a great deal of patience!  wink

Board footer