You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 07-09-09 15:53:33

eddlad
Verified Member
Website

Pink Licence

Hi all,

I haven't posted for a while as I've been busy preparing for my Part 3 and utilising the trainee licence. I thought I would share with you all a few thoughts about the trainee licence which may help others, particularly other PDI's considering going on the trainee licence.

I've been on a "pink" since 18th May and have thoroughly enjoyed it, the practical experience I have gained during numberous hours of teaching real pupils has allowed me to develop my very own teaching style, one which I'm comfortable with. So far, I have helped four pupils pass their 'L' test. However, I am under no illusions that a) just because I can get four learners through their test makes me a great teacher and b) the "pink" is anything other than a tool to practice my trade, to develop all of the instructional characteristics in preperation for my part 3 test which looms on the horizon on 5th October.

In a nutshell, make the most of every single lesson with your pupil to work on weak areas and develop even further your strong points. Seek a good sponsor, don't just sign on the first dotted line your asked too. Take the contract away and think seriously about it's ramifications, a good sponsor won't expect you to sign there and then. Finally, never lose sight of the fact that the "pink's" sole purpose is to allow PDI's to gain practical experience teaching real learners in preperation for their part 3 exam and should not be used as a sole source of income.
Good luck to you all.
smile

http://chriseddydrivertuition.yolasite.com/

DSA ADI operating in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear and surrounding areas.

07-09-09 15:53:33

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Pink Licence

#2 09-09-09 07:55:11

db1
Verified Member

Good post eddlad, thats the course I will be taking next month after my forty hours are up good to hear something positive about going on a pink good luck for the 5th Oct.

Part one passed 1st Time 06/04/2009 98/68
Part two passed 1st time 23/06/2009 2df
part three           waiting

I.A.M assessor, R.O.S.P.A Gold

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 09-09-09 12:24:00

eddlad
Verified Member
Website

Good post eddlad, thats the course I will be taking next month after my forty hours are up good to hear something positive about going on a pink good luck for the 5th Oct.

Hi db1,

Thanks, remember if your taking the additional training option, make sure you complete your 20 hours and send your ADI21T to the DSA no later than 90 days from the licence issue date.
Goodluck  big_smile

#4 30-09-09 19:56:54

pat19799

Hi eddlad,

How did you set yourself up to work? Did you buy/lease a vehicle? Did you manage to get enough pupils to cover your expenses?

I have my P2 on the 9th October and although i may be being a bit forward but im just a bit anxious about how to deal with things when going on a pink license.

Any info would be great

Part 1 - 1/9/9 - Failed
Part 1 - 3/9/9 - Passed
Part 2 - 9/10/9 - Passed
Part 3 - ?

#5 01-10-09 20:53:23

eddlad
Verified Member
Website

Hi Pat,

I spoke to a number of driving schools prior to signing anything. I opted for a well establised local firm and thus far have had no complaints regarding pupil supply. I have also generated several pupils myself. The car I recieved was provided to me by the school from which I pay them a weekly lease on top of my franchise for the vehicle. The only operating expense is for fuel. I will normally do between 20 and 30 hours a week but no more, this allows me plenty of spare time for the HUGE amount of studying required to pass the test of instructional ability. I make enough to cover my overheads with a little profit as a bonus  smile
Remember the trainee licence is to practise your instructional techniques in preparation for you part 3 test.

Good luck with your part 2, remember to forward plan at all times and give the examiner a professional, business-like drive  big_smile

Board footer