You are not logged in.

#1 26-08-09 14:22:18

andy1969

Driving Instructor Training

hi my name is andy just joined the forum im looking to become a driving instructor in the Glasgow area.Can anyone advise me on who best to take the course with?
Thanks Andy

26-08-09 14:22:18

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Driving Instructor Training

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 26-08-09 22:22:53

Woodyloon
Verified Member

Hi Andy

I have recently this year started out as a PDi, I first started looking seriously and making enquiries last June and about a year later I took the plunge and singed up for a course. At the same time I also found this website and wish I had found it a few months before.

I would look around this site at any topics that might suit your needs and I would say if you can afford to pay as you go I would consider this, It's not what I have done but I felt that geographically I did not have a big choice of training establishments, and the one that I liked had a big difference between the pay as you go price against the cost of the paying up front for parts 1,2 and 3. The only reason I now say that possibly pay as you go is better is that if say the worst happens you have 3 fails at the part 2 stage, then you are time barred for 2 years from when you passed part 1 and all the hours that are unused for part 3 are lost or banked if you decide to wait  and try again. Andy this is only my thoughts now that I have started to see what is required and I would suggest you tap into more experienced members knowledge to gain the true picture.

Have a read of this article as well.

http://www.squidoo.com/driving_instructors

John

PS Andy one thing everyone will have their own view on what is or who would be the best for your training, just go with what you think suits you. When I first found this site I was impressed with how loyal and satisfied people were with LDC, hardly a bad word said about them. but I still went with my own choice that I think suits me, time will tell if that is right.

Part 1   30/10/09   100/67
Part 2   29/9/10     2 d/f

#3 29-08-09 15:45:47

andy1969

thanks for replying john, i think i still have  a  lot of work to do before i decide so far im impresed with bsm ldc,and caledonian must make my mind up soon

#4 29-08-09 18:45:06

Disky
Verified Member
Website

andy, i have sent you a pm with my number, get in touch and i can help you as i'm local and can put you in touch with a few very good ORDIT trainers

Ray

#5 30-08-09 23:53:29

Doc
Verified Member
Website

If you want to know anything about LDC, drop me a line or give me a call (numbers on my website) I trained with LDC as an instructor and as a trainer and have been with them for 7 years now.

#6 01-09-09 20:29:12

andy1969

thanks for the reply, i hope to get in touch soon cheers.

#7 23-10-09 22:50:46

icantdrivesom

Hi, i've just joined the forum i have been an Adi for 15 years, I have noticed looking through the history of some of the Adi/Pdi Trainers on the Forum some have just recently qualified as Adi's. My question what constitutes as an Adi Trainer ? I did a 4 day Instructor Trainer course with John Farlam in 2006 and with my experience as an Adi I still don't believe (after training 3 Pdi's to Adi standard) that I would consider calling myself an Adi Trainer. I would be very interested in any of the members of the Forums views. icantdrive. :?

#8 24-10-09 19:42:48

Disky
Verified Member
Website

its a catagory on the forum board, if i think thats what your looking at.

#9 24-10-09 21:00:00

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

One thing i will say with regard to the lens u showed.

It can be a fairly lucrative business-if you have business accumen.

How many jobs do you know where you COULD earn 20 k plus without a bit of hard work to get there.

I have returned to 9-5 jobs since passing and returned as well why did i want to leave them in the first place.

I have hard times and good times - but I couldnt afford to buy my house until I became one.

Food for thought.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#10 30-10-09 23:21:32

Disky
Verified Member
Website

hi andy,, hope you found our chat informative

Ray

Board footer