You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 12-08-09 07:34:09

FRANKS
Verified Member

CHOOSYLEARNER.COM

Had a new pupil start yesterday who told me about how they went about looking for a driving instructor. She told me that she did a web search to find driving schools, top of the list was 'Choosylearner.com. She was surprised that she had to give her provisional licence number, followed up by her address details. She said that when she got to second page asking for address details she decided not to go any further, when I asked her why she said because she was afriad that this site was collecting her details which could be then sold on to others and that she'd then get phone calls and junk mails from people she wouldn't be interested in talking to. Someone recommended our school to her!!

I've never thought about this, I was considering that I'd add my driving school details to a few of these online directory, but sounds like this one is putting people off.

Have any of you learners ever used these online directopries to find your driving instructors?
Which ones did you use?
Have you had any junk mai/phone callsl that could of been as to a result of using these directories?

Thanks, look forward to your comments

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

12-08-09 07:34:09

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: CHOOSYLEARNER.COM

#2 12-08-09 15:11:48

evondoll
Verified Member
Website

I have my details with choosylearner. And I've had two pupils from it. Most of the time my account is paused though so don't know how many pupils I could have gotten if I left my account active.

Its good to know that they make learners give all the details....not many time wasters would go to all that hassle. True it may put some people off....but the ones that do go through with giving all the details are genuine leads. At £2.79 a lead its pretty cheap too.

And no junk mail or calls that I can think of.....and no reports of any from my pupils.

Evon x

#3 13-08-09 09:50:19

Disky
Verified Member
Website

Franks,

I signed up to this service a few months ago as it was one that didn't want to charge a monthly fee etc.

Since then, i have had about 6 leads costing a couple of quid each, converted all but 1.

As above, no mails, no calls, no nothing, to be honest i think Alan has got this one right and i would recopmmend trying it at least (only if your not in my area LOL) if it doesnt do anything for you, then stop using it, there is no penalty.

I have never been short of learners, but this is a great top up source every now and again.

None of the pupils i have had from it have had any marketing sent to them from it, i think the details are required to ensure that they are not ficticious leads being generated, some may not wish to give their details, but others will,, sometimes a sacrifice needs to be made to get the equilibrium right.

Board footer