You are not logged in.

#1 30-07-09 19:54:04

jonesgez

CRB

Hi all

I'm new to this  forum, only signed up the other day.

The thing is , to cut a long story short, I'm considering next year to apply for training as a driving instructor. I've done loads of research with the pros and cons and all that.

Anyway my concern is the CRB. I unfortunately have a record, which as I'm sure you would feel I'm not pleased or happy or a t all proud of. But hey it's been done, I have a record. My worry with this career is if it comes back as something that I cant do. Also something I cant find in stone, is the CRB done beofre the start of the entire training?

Guys, I'm a nice person although all baddies may be coated with the same tar, I would appreciate some feedback and advice on this.

Many thanks

G   tongue

30-07-09 19:54:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: CRB

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 30-07-09 20:05:33

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Hi

You will have to complete the crb form when applying to become a pdi so you won't have to shell out all the money on the training before finding out if you are eligible to be accepted.

Hope all works out well for you.

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#3 30-07-09 20:38:46

jonesgez

Thank you. Has anyone else have any feeback/advice?

Thank you

G

#4 30-07-09 22:20:23

jonesgez

Just read an amazing artical about my issue. It's a copy from DSA. but of course if anyone has any similar conerns or actual experience then I would still love to hear.

Thanks all

G

#5 31-07-09 06:32:33

nigel
Verified Member

hi it will all depend on what you have done as to wheather the Dsa consider you to be a proper fit person, this will be in your first step and before you part with any money

DSA ADI
Fleet trainer, Iam ,Rospa (gold) Tutor. DIAmond Advanced/

#6 02-08-09 17:21:02

Pilgrim
Verified Member
Website

Hi

Just a quick note the CRB check changes in October.

So watch out for the changes.

I'm out & using my mobile so I don't have all the details at hand but I'm sure one of my comrades will fill in the details.
Tony

Offering You the Freedom of Drivng in Boston
www.bostondrivingschool.co.uk
www.12drive.co.uk

#7 02-08-09 19:55:18

jonesgez

Tony-Thanks!

So what does these changes bring guys?

G

#8 03-08-09 06:18:01

FRANKS
Verified Member

Its a safe guard for children and vulnerable people, quite straight forward and nothing to worry about.

It's different from the CRB as it stays live, different to the CRB which is a bit like the MOT on your car, only true/correct on the days it's done.

Can I suggest before you spend any money whats so every on instrucor training you contact the DSA about your criminal record.

DSA instructor services and registration team;
Phone 0300 200 1122 follow link.     Fax 0300 200 1155
email; adireg@dsa.gsi.gov.uk

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

#9 03-08-09 06:55:47

Roadmaster
Verified Member

As far as  our profession is concerned it's another layer of checks which will put a stop to anyone applying to go on, or is already on the ADI register, who has a criminal record but 'forgot' to mention it  to DSA.

#10 03-08-09 09:49:49

jonesgez

Thanks all- appreciated the feedback.

The thing is as some of you know I can't actually apply for anything until April as that when the 3 1/2 min before I can apply actually ends.

So between now and then just a long wait..................  :?

G

#11 03-08-09 21:00:31

jonesgez

Hi all, once again!

Just wondering that's all what's the score on the door with the CRB changes coming up...

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks again

Board footer