You are not logged in.

#1 27-07-09 20:20:55

spectre61

ADI pt 3 failed for the 3rd time

Hi, well as you can see from the subject title, last week I failed my pt 3 for the 3rd time. At the moment I don't think it has quite sunk in. I thought I would've had cracked it this, time but obviously not. The qualifying started well, 100/57 for pt 1, 1st time, 1 minor for pt 2, first time. completed the 40, got a pink, got some pupils, (p/t, I work f/t as well) did the 20. Alas, all down hill from there as far as pt 3 was concerned! 1st attempt at pt 3 brought a 3/3 (PST 5), not too bad I thought, I can only get better. Another 5 hours with the college, 2nd attempt, (PST 8), disaster!! Nerves, confidence gone, an empty head, too much waffling, a psychological barrier? who knows? I even forgot the briefing on T-Junctions before leaving the test centre!!!! 3rd attempt, thought I'd try a different test centre, had the same SE for the first 2, maybe a change might help. Had some PAYG hours with an ADI, (college couldn't fit me in) The SE was OK, better than the last, I felt better in myself too, if a little sweaty. Got PST 6, which I though had gone quite well, or did it? And in the 15 minutes before the debrief, I felt quietly confident, then it came, another 3/3. I think the debrief went over my head, I can't even remember what the SE said. Hell, where to now? I enjoy the job. I need to decide if I should carry on and apply again, 5 months before the 2 years are up, plenty of time to think about it I guess. Pts 1 & 2 won't be a problem, when pt 3 comes around again, I don't know what I will make of that. Anyway, I like the idea of this forum, I've read a few of the postings and the replies and I like what I see, help is out there, and I'm not the only one with pt 3 problems. I would be glad to hear from anyone, and any help with these "psychological" pt 3 problems will be gratefully received. Cheers, a confused and dazed S  neutral

Part 1 - Passed 28/1/2010, 1st att 100/63
Part 2 - Passed 27/4/2010, 1st att 1 minor

27-07-09 20:20:55

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ADI pt 3 failed for the 3rd time

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 27-07-09 20:44:31

jay666
Website

Hey sorry to hear you failed your 3rd attempt. You are not the first and i dont think you will be the last. If you really enjoy the job then stick at it because theres a few ADI's on here who have had to go around again and got there in the end so i would say stick with it.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

#3 27-07-09 20:55:06

la.monikita
Verified Member

Sorry to hear you have failed. Do you think you were prepared well enough? Can you describe your physiological problems in more detail? Finaly; what area are you in?

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#4 27-07-09 21:50:19

spectre61

Hi, thanks for the replies. I thought the preparation for the 3rd attempt was OK, although it was with a local ADI trainer instead of the college. The time spent with him was more intense and seemed more productive. I don't know if a fear of the role play scenario's is common, but I did initially have a problem with it which I worked at to overcome, although not fully cured i felt better about it. Also, once or twice while training I also seemed to "go blank" during a briefing or in replies during Q & A, but this needed sorting with practise. The ADI didn't seem to think, or at least didn't mention, that he thought I wasn't sufficiently prepared.

LHR/Surrey area

Part 1 - Passed 28/1/2010, 1st att 100/63
Part 2 - Passed 27/4/2010, 1st att 1 minor

#5 28-07-09 07:52:45

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

Hi spectre61, I passed 6th time round so there is light at the end of the tunnel and it is well worth it! There's a lot to take in, but like you've done I found PAYG with an independent trainer worked best for me. My training course was a bit wishy-washy. Although I have memories of 'going blank' during training, personally for me I feel this was due to being swamped with info and unable to take it all in during a 5-day course. The PAYG training was more structured and that helped clear things up for me.

Best of luck, I would keep with it.  smile

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#6 28-07-09 08:56:46

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

Hi spectre. I too went past my 3rd attempt. I thought I knew everything inside out, and would just fall apart on the day. My reaults were 4/3 4/3 3/5.

Then I made the best decision of my life......I went to John Farlam www.smartdriving.co.uk . He does a Part 3 rescue course, which is money very well spent.  His approach is very unique and very successful(and fun)

I came back a new man, and knew what I needed to do on my next part 3. Alas I didnt implement Johns methods, as well as I could have and ended up with 3/4.  I was never so annoyed, as this result, although my wifes neice had died just a couple months prior to it, and my mind wasnt on it.
Next attempt came, got Left reverse...SE hit kerb 1st time, but next time didnt, then ran out of time with just the 2 reverses done. Phase 2 seemed a bit rushed to me at the time, and I was constantly talking through, until about 10 mins into the phase.

Ended up with 5/5. All credit goes to me for doing what JF had shown me (I wouldnt possibly try to explain his techniques on here though, cos there just isnt enough time)

In the 4 months you have to wait, I suggest you strongly consider John Farlams Part 3 rescue, just email him your story and let him suggest the course of action.

Keep us all updated on your progress, so wecan support you.
All the best, Jonny

Board footer