You are not logged in.

#1 15-07-09 09:22:14

leejo180

Full or Part time ?

Hi all

If i decide to go ahead with driving instuctor training and I qualify my plan is to teach around my current full time job to see how things go and hopefully build up enough pupils to consider making instructing main source of income.

I am a bus driver and do different hours every week from really early starts to late finishes.

I would like hear how other people who have qaulified started their careers did you do what I have mentioned or did you throw caution to the wind and go straight into instructing full time.

15-07-09 09:22:14

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Full or Part time ?

#2 15-07-09 13:58:01

fatcat
Verified Member
Website

Hi Leejo
Don't make my mistake and pack ur job in. i had a well paid job and thaught being a adi would bring in more cash even when times were good i was working more hours and ended earning less you will work alot of hours that you dont get paid for ie traveling between pupils. The flexibility the tv ad suggests is a load of b###ocks and as for £30000 earnings totaly forget that

i need more cash not more work

#3 16-07-09 13:07:02

scannermanh
Verified Member

Thought the same as you, worked 3 12hr shifts, plenty of time to train and do it part time.
Well the effort required to qualify was so great (Pt3), that my performance dropped on my normal job and 2 weeks after passing Pt3 I was sacked with 3 months notice, which I didn't have to work.
My manager couldn't understand why I was so happy to go.
Don't underestimate the effort required, a friend has just qualified, he lost 3 stone doing Pt3 with the stress.

Scannermanh the Muppet
nils

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 16-07-09 16:15:45

samds
Verified Member
Website

I was a full time musician so earning money while training and building up a diary was an easy process.

I went part time on both and ended up music being a hobby but I'm changing that again.  Start a music degree in October
so I'll be part time; student, musician and instructor.  I think I'll get by on 3 full days instructing, 2 gigs a week and rest of the time to study.

I've done enough CPD to cover me for a long time so no worries there.

At University studying Humanities with Literature and Music.

http://www.myspace.com/scottmacalister/

Board footer