You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 09-07-09 20:27:20

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Failed today PST 6

Hi Everyone

I failed my pART 3 today. Heres my write up.

I arrived at the test centre, a little nervous but confident that i was going to pass. The SE called my name and i was so releaved that it was the se who did both my Part 2's and he is lovely, so i instantly relaxed.

PST 6

Ok so not my favourite PST but hey, i know my stuff (well i thought i did) so here goes. This was his 7 lesson, and last lesson he covered emerging.

Did the briefing,that went ok, covered all the areas. We leave the test centre and his driving is perfect, couldn't quite believe it(cluctch control etc). He was sisgnalling to late leaving roundabout, got it sorted. He asked lots of Q's on approach to Ped crossing so i answered them. He tried to give way to a lady on the a pelican crossing, when the lights were green, sorted that out. Then he wanted to practice arm signals. Silly me told him that the arm signal for turning left was clockwise(which i didnt realise)until of course i tried to correct him to do it anticlockwise, and he replied but you said it was clockwise. I apoligised and told him the correct way.  There is an emerging jct in Worcester that goes straight ahead and right, just before the emerge there is a tiny left turning, and just after you emerge there is a left turning,  but i always signal left as you can go right, just to confirm my intentions, so i said to put a left signal on, we started to have a little debate as to wether a signal was necessary, so i pulled him over and we had a chat about it. In the end i realised he was giving me a life line, and in actually a signal would be to dangerous as you may mislead other road users to thinking you were turning into the jct just after the emerge, i ended that debate, with very well done for using your judgement and deciding how to best deal with that junction. Anyway, rest of lesson goes to plan. End of phase one with a result of a 4, telling me i had just missed a 5. Heres why. I failed to notice that through the entire lesson he was taking his hand completely off the steering wheel to signal by indicator, thinking back to it now, he was making it completely obvious. And for my confuson with the left arm signal.

Phase 2
Rev Park. FLH - 25YRS, Moving to the city so wanting to learn how to park, never done before.

Basically, i completely fluffed all aspeacts of this up. Actually my briefing was ok.I was getting him to concentrate on looking at ref points at the front of the car, when i should have been getting him to just glance and then look backwards. I failed to notice until the 3 rd attempt at the park that he wasnt looking up and down the road at the point of turn. Result a 3

Feedback, he really enjoyed the lesson and said that when i pass i will be a great instructor. That was nice, but he probably says that to everyone.He said taht when teaching manoeuvers, not to get so hung up on ref points, and that to let the lesson flow. I wastrying to teach him the 1 turn right 1 turn left ref  when at 2 o clock, and he said as he was a flh you could do the full lock and quick steering therefore getting him to look mainly out the back, which makes sense now. But hey i get another shot and hopefully i wll get the same SE Aas he was a really nice guy.

I do apoligise for any spelling mistakes, but this screen wont seem to let me scroll to where i'm writing, it keeps jumping back the top of the page. I hopw my write up helps, just like all yours have helped me.

Cheers Cat smile

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

09-07-09 20:27:20

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Failed today PST 6

#2 09-07-09 21:13:57

jay666
Website

Sounds like you didnt do too bad though so sure you will be ok next time. Good luck!

#3 09-07-09 21:45:04

jlo31
Verified Member
Website

Thanks for the write up as well.

Much Appreciated.

RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction
IAM Motorcycle
DSA ADI (Car)
DSA Fleet registered trainer (Grade 5)
www.PrecisionDriverTraining.co.

#4 10-07-09 16:23:29

mani
Verified Member

Nice write up, you'll be fine next time, good luck.

#5 11-07-09 16:30:56

ceecee
Verified Member

Hi Cat,

sorry to hear of your delayed success at your part 3. Gettin a 4 and 3 shows that you were not far off qualifying, I know that's little consoloation, but I am sure you will nail it next time. Thank you for the write up, I hope it will give me that bit of extra confidence for attempting my1st part 3 test.

Don't give up hun, I know you can do it

ceecee

ADI Part 1 passed: 28/03/2008
ADI Part 2 passed: 03/07/2008
ADI Part 3 failed: 28/07/2009
ADI Part 3 failed: 30/09/2009
ADI Part 3 passed:07/10/2009

Board footer