You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 30-06-09 14:52:43

paulcook
Verified Member
Website

Write Up - Failed 2nd attempt at Part 3

Well I guess the penny's finally dropped.  I.A.R.  !!!

Phase 1 Emerging.  I felt I was on him like a rash and was secretly pleased with my fault spotting, pupil control, and remedy, throughout the whole phase.  All the usual faults, i.e. poor observations, position etc.   

Phase 2 was Anticipation/Meet/Clearance.  I thought I put in a similar performance for phase 2, although I now realise I hadn't spotted his lack of mirror checks immediately prior to slowing down to adopt the hold back position when meeting cars.

Why did I fail?  In a nutshell, he said I spotted a lot of his faults but jumped straight on to the REMEDY without asking him why he was making the faults.  In other words, I missed out the A from I.A.R.  He said if I'd asked him why, he would have told me, leading to a better diagnosis.

So I'm cheesed off, and incredibly jealous of all the 1st time passes on this forum.  However, fall off a horse you get back on.  I'm up for a third attempt in September.  I really did not want to take it to the wire like this....

Paul Cook, ADI, Grade 5, DIAmond Special Test

30-06-09 14:52:43

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Write Up - Failed 2nd attempt at Part 3

#2 30-06-09 15:08:41

driver69

Unlucky, but each time you learn something so I am sure you will get it next time. As far as all the 1st time passes on the forum, don`t worry too much about that. People tend to shout about the successes and not so much about the failures, I am sure there are a lot you do not hear about.

I passed on my 3rd attempt and I had that feeling of the penny dropping after my 2nd attempt and going to the wire tends to concentrate your mind a little more, so get back on the horse and finish the race  smile

#3 30-06-09 15:26:48

paulcook
Verified Member
Website

Thanks  for that.  It's quite a journey isn't it.  Right, back to practicing.

#4 30-06-09 15:56:50

DampDog
Verified Member

Sorry to hear about your result, but just out of interest how many hours additional training did you take in between the two attempts?

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#5 01-07-09 07:10:45

paulcook
Verified Member
Website

In between the 2 attempts, probably 7hrs additional training.  The rest was just trying to put things into practice with real pupils whilst on the pink licence (I'm on my 2nd pink, which finishes September).

But to be honest, I don't feel I lack training or knowledge.  It's more just a case of pennies dropping (or not dropping !!) in terms of IAR.  My proper tutor, whilst a grade 6, is really big on prevention of faults, and pupil control.  Whilst my next door neighbour (a grade 5) is much more into IAR, having failed the part 3 four times some years ago.

To be honest, it's my neighbour's approach that I now feel is the more appropriate for passing part 3.

#6 01-07-09 11:32:38

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Its incredibly hard to pass first time, as it is to qualify at all...remember that....BUT as a 3 attempter myself it makes u work that bit harder and give it 110% on the 3rd attempt....Good Luck  big_smile

#7 01-07-09 12:39:51

paulcook
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Binty, it's nice to think there's ADIs out there encouraging us PDIs to do well.

#8 01-07-09 12:47:29

venesh

look at the psts........it helped me alot

#9 01-07-09 16:39:02

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

your welcome paul....too many ADI's soon forget what its like to be a PDI  wink...if u put the work in ull reap the benefits  big_smile

#10 01-07-09 18:00:06

wolves
Verified Member

Hi Paul i have sent you a personnel message.
Paul

Part 1.....100% & 57  passed 1st Time
Part 2.....4 minors     Passed 1st Time
Part 3.....3 & 3         Failed 1st attempt
part 3.....2 & 3         Failed 2nd attempt
part 3.....3 & 4         Failed 3rd attempt
part 1..Round2..96% & 68% passed 1st time
Part 2..Round2..3 minors 1 serious failed 1st attempt
Part 2..Round2..5 minors Passed 2nd attempt
Part 3..Round2..4 & 3 Failed 1st attempt
part 3..round2..3 & 3 failed 2nd attempt
part 3..round2..4 & 5 PASSED 3rd attempt woohoo!

#11 02-07-09 08:32:20

jay666
Website

Good luck with your third attempt. I'm sure you will get it this time!

#12 07-07-09 15:15:32

vito

Hi Paul ,

You will pass , I'm sure .
And if you want you can become ... the examiner , and famous SE .

Yes , it's possible ,

ADI part 3 test is ... not a NASA pilot test , be yourself and you will pass .

How to drive a car ?

Trust me , if you really like it like me , it' s easy .
Yes , for me it's easy and realistic thing , but passing part3 test is not . sad It's not real and will never be in that present form .

I'm gonna pass second time , why not first ? Just not to be so frustrated like others .

I'm a humble PDI from Glasgow .
Tell me the truth how was it possible after 3-5 months on Trainee Lic you hadn't pass ?

All the best , do not train too much , be yourself , vicc

Board footer