You are not logged in.

#1 08-06-09 08:43:15

Heading4afall

Another Question...

How common is it for a trainer to ask you to meet them at the location (ie in the testing area) for lessons? I suppose it means I get as much time as possible driving in that area but I'm also still feeling cautious. Thoughts please?

Sent CRB off 27.4.09
Started AA training 1.5.09
CRB returned 2.6.09
Applied to join register 10.6.09

08-06-09 08:43:15

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Another Question...

#2 08-06-09 08:54:07

evanadi

Very common most pupils drive to an agreed meeting place for training. It is often easier doing it this way if the trainer is very busy and needs to keep his/her travelling time down, if they are decent trainers they will be well sought after so its worth the travelling. Ev

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 08-06-09 08:54:54

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

I drove to meet my trainer for PT3...and i felt cautious so dont blame u for that.
It was easier for us both and as Ev said he was very busy, kept travelling time down and training time to a max

#4 08-06-09 08:59:57

Heading4afall

Great, thanks for the reassurance smile

Sent CRB off 27.4.09
CRB returned 2.6.09

#5 08-06-09 15:39:41

ExAdiNigel

If you are feeling wary arrange to meet in a busy, public place.  Perhaps somewhere like McDonalds or one of the big name coffee houses.

In many ways this is safer than him coming to your house.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 08-06-09 16:18:01

Heading4afall

If you are feeling wary arrange to meet in a busy, public place.  Perhaps somewhere like McDonalds or one of the big name coffee houses.

Nigel

Oh no, it's not that. I've already met him and he came to my house. My worry is whether I'm getting my money's worth by having to travel to meet him... Extra petrol costs etc... But now I know it's common practise I don't feel bad about it smile

Sent CRB off 27.4.09
CRB returned 2.6.09

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 08-06-09 16:50:59

oldcodger
Verified Member

Nigel

Certainly safer than YOU coming to my house Nigel. You still don't remember me do you love? I used to be with AA a long time ago and certainly remember you. I had quite a crush on you then.

#8 08-06-09 18:36:10

ExAdiNigel

Oh good grief!  I am starting to think I am totally losing my mind now! :oops:

Where, when?  I was only with the AA for 6 months initially, in the latter half of 2003 and not in London.

a very embarrassed

Nigel :oops:

Are you winding me up?

#9 08-06-09 22:15:45

oldcodger
Verified Member

No it wasn't London as you very well know. I think you know exactly who I am. I am still single and the offer is still on. Would be fun.

x

#10 08-06-09 22:18:51

Heading4afall

Oh my!

Sent CRB off 27.4.09
CRB returned 2.6.09

#11 09-06-09 05:43:18

ExAdiNigel

Ah!  I thought you were concerned about meeting someone strange.  In which case....

There is little benefit (to you) having to travel for your theory training, I would suggest your trainer should be coming to you.  For your driving ability there may be benefit in travelling to meet your trainer if you will be taking your part 2 test in an area you don't know very well.

I would normally travel to meet my clients unless there was a particular benefit to the client for us to meet somewhere else.

Nigel

#12 09-06-09 06:47:15

Heading4afall

Ah!  I thought you were concerned about meeting someone strange.  In which case....

There is little benefit (to you) having to travel for your theory training, I would suggest your trainer should be coming to you.  For your driving ability there may be benefit in travelling to meet your trainer if you will be taking your part 2 test in an area you don't know very well.

I would normally travel to meet my clients unless there was a particular benefit to the client for us to meet somewhere else.

Nigel

Well yes, it is of benefit to me to get to know the area as it's not that near where I live. Thanks.

Sent CRB off 27.4.09
CRB returned 2.6.09

#13 09-06-09 07:03:03

ExAdiNigel

....Well yes, it is of benefit to me to get to know the area as it's not that near where I live. Thanks.

But it's your nearest test centre for part 2 is it?

Nigel

#14 09-06-09 07:09:48

Heading4afall

Yes. Unfortunately the 2 nearest test centres, which I learnt to drive in, don't do ADI test neutral

Sent CRB off 27.4.09
CRB returned 2.6.09

#15 09-06-09 07:47:53

db1
Verified Member

No it wasn't London as you very well know. I think you know exactly who I am. I am still single and the offer is still on. Would be fun.

x

getting exiting now, a bit like the coffee advert will he wont he, should he?

Part one passed 1st Time 06/04/2009 98/68
Part two passed 1st time 23/06/2009 2df
part three           waiting

I.A.M assessor, R.O.S.P.A Gold

#16 09-06-09 07:50:51

oldcodger
Verified Member

What, the Gareth Hunt one where he shakes the beans? Funny, I was think of that one too!

#17 09-06-09 07:52:29

Heading4afall

I'm hearing bunny boiler alarm bells personally.

Sent CRB off 27.4.09
CRB returned 2.6.09

#18 09-06-09 08:02:22

db1
Verified Member

What Gareth Hunt or the beans?

Part one passed 1st Time 06/04/2009 98/68
Part two passed 1st time 23/06/2009 2df
part three           waiting

I.A.M assessor, R.O.S.P.A Gold

#19 09-06-09 14:50:33

ExAdiNigel

I'm hearing bunny boiler alarm bells personally.

big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

Unfortunately, every time I hear a vehicle pulling up outside I keep thinking it may be a van full of men in white coats coming to take me away ha ha he he.

Nigel

#20 11-06-09 18:05:11

VandADI
Administrator

Oh good grief!  I am starting to think I am totally losing my mind now! :oops:

Where, when?  I was only with the AA for 6 months initially, in the latter half of 2003 and not in London.

a very embarrassed

Nigel :oops:

Are you winding me up?

Nigel - don't be fooled by the avatar - remember Fin?  wink  during his absence from the forum he has had a gender transformation  tongue
He's got you hook, line and sinker!

#21 12-06-09 06:20:08

ExAdiNigel

....Nigel - don't be fooled by the avatar - remember Fin?  wink  during his absence from the forum he has had a gender transformation  tongue
He's got you hook, line and sinker!

big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

So I haven't lost my sanity completely.......yet!

Nigel

Board footer