You are not logged in.

#1 05-05-05 07:36:16

sharron solle

my astra

can anyone help me ive got a  astra ls 1.4i every time i pull up  at a junction or slow down and go down the gears the thing cuts out on me.also the battery light was on faintly. so ive replaced batt,the brake light was showing up faintly  so i  topped up brake fluid ckecked breakes all was fine.  ive now replaced alternater, so both lights are now out, but still keeps stalling on me at jncts, could it be idle valve needs replacing. its been on diagnostics tuner it showed up no faults  ,, please can someone help as im mystified ,cheers sharron.

05-05-05 07:36:16

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: my astra

#2 05-05-05 16:09:48

ck
Website

I know of two people who have had this problem with their astra and I think it turned out to something to do with the fuel lift pump.
I'm no mechanic so don't take this as gospel but it may be worth checking it out.

ck

#3 05-05-05 17:47:09

sharron solle

cheers for the reply. its worth looking into it as weve drawn a blank. thanks very much
                                               sharron

#4 07-05-05 06:45:08

jiffers

there are 3 options with the idle valve

1]  fit a new one

2]  remove the old one and try to clean it out with carb cleaner

3]  if it's the cylinder type remove the old one turn it over you should see 2 holes on the point it mounts grind a grove between the 2 holes making sure that no swarf gets in the holes and then replace it all fixed.
what this does is sort out the base idle by confusing it

#5 08-05-05 07:10:41

sharron solle

cheers jiffers. ill get my son to try that one when he gets here later. fingers crossed lol  wink

#6 08-05-05 08:26:17

jiffers

thats ok i knew there was a good reason to spend all that time at collage shame it's a mugs game.

Board footer