You are not logged in.

#1 04-06-09 12:08:31

Heading4afall

A Question...

Hi there again!

OK so I've finally got my CRB check back and so am about to apply for my PDI registration. On the form it asks me to declare any previous convictions for driving offences... The problem is not that I do have a conviction but that that it was so long ago that I don't know the exact date, which the form requires. I've called the DSA who referred me on to the DVLA who have now told me to ring the court where the conviction was made... And I've now been trying to get through to them for an hour. Before I waste any more time, has anyone else been through this? I suspect I may have to write to them or turn up in person... Would I need an appointment? It's a minefield. If only I'd been a saint in my youth! tongue

Thanks in advance for any feedback smile

Sent CRB off 27.4.09
Started AA training 1.5.09
CRB returned 2.6.09
Applied to join register 10.6.09

04-06-09 12:08:31

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: A Question...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 07-06-09 15:50:39

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Give them the approximate date. As long as you declare it you should have no problem.

They will get the exact details from the search.

#3 07-06-09 16:54:11

oldcodger
Verified Member

Much beter idea, don't send in the form and look for an industry where a) there is work b) there is no hassle with members of the public interfering with your job and c)you won't have to spend thousands getting a worthless qualification just to join the endless pile of new ADI's who also fancied a go.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 07-06-09 16:59:16

DampDog
Verified Member

Much beter idea, don't send in the form and look for an industry where a) there is work b) there is no hassle with members of the public interfering with your job and c)you won't have to spend thousands getting a worthless qualification just to join the endless pile of new ADI's who also fancied a go.

If it's that bad why did you stick it for 35 years...? You had a makeover owd? Amazing what they can do with a bit of slap...  big_smile wink :evil:

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#5 07-06-09 17:17:38

Graham Hooper
Verified Member
Website

Old codger what do you offer to this forum. Are you bitter and twisted. What about the successful ADI's that are still doing extremely well. I found this industry easy to succeed in as the competition was weak and I am a grumpy old git.

www.1st-4.org
www.tri-coachingpartnership.co.uk
Part 3 Rescue a speciality, Fleet/Learner check test, Coaching courses, Advanced driving SAFED, ADI-CPD or if just want some advice.

#6 07-06-09 17:47:23

FRANKS
Verified Member

Headinforafall,

Send in the form, filled out the best you can,

All so send a covering letter with it explaining that you don't know when the motring offense was as it's so long ago.

If there are any problems they will come back to you.

Finally, Keep photocopies of the forms you're sending in and a copy if covering letter.

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

#7 07-06-09 18:00:47

cawl

Just fill it as best you can it will be returned if any probs. mine arrived Friday and filled online not sure if ok as no email confermation??

#8 07-06-09 19:31:26

smithwold
Verified Member
Website

#9 07-06-09 20:01:01

Aspyre

its for the dsa to decide though..... and not including one which might appear on the records some where could get you held off the register when otherwise you would get on.. better to come clean.

i think some offences are taken dead seriously no matter how long ago.... drugs is one.

Franks' idea of a covering letter is the best idea.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 08-06-09 07:25:15

Heading4afall

Thanks for your opinion, but I've done my research a made my decisions so I'd appreciate it if you stuck to the topic.

Sent CRB off 27.4.09
CRB returned 2.6.09

#11 08-06-09 07:30:42

Heading4afall

its for the dsa to decide though..... and not including one which might appear on the records some where could get you held off the register when otherwise you would get on.. better to come clean.

i think some offences are taken dead seriously no matter how long ago.... drugs is one.

Franks' idea of a covering letter is the best idea.

Thanks. I did ring the DSA and ask and they did ask me to find the exact date, so that's what I'm trying to do. If I don't have any joy with the woman from the court supposedly calling me back I'll send it back with a covering letter.

Oh and the offence was driving without a full licence and therefore valid insurance. I got 6 points. Like I say this was 8 years ago and I was 24, young and stupid! I didn't realise this would be a problem on top of the CRB. I'm hoping the AA haven't reassured me unduely??

Sent CRB off 27.4.09
CRB returned 2.6.09

#12 08-06-09 09:00:48

evanadi

Heading4afall, you don't have to justify your mistake on here. You made a mistake you paid the price, everyone of us has done something silly when we were young, not always to do with driving, but we have all been young and rash. Some got caught and some were lucky to escape without penalty. Person who never makes a mistake never does anything and is usually totally boring, you can use your experience to educate your pupils if you choose to. Good luck with the training. Ev wink

#13 08-06-09 09:05:04

Heading4afall

Thanks Ev smile

Sent CRB off 27.4.09
CRB returned 2.6.09

#14 08-06-09 09:31:36

smithwold
Verified Member
Website

Oh and the offence was driving without a full licence and therefore valid insurance. I got 6 points. Like I say this was 8 years ago and I was 24, young and stupid! I didn't realise this would be a problem on top of the CRB. I'm hoping the AA haven't reassured me unduely??

If the "conviction" is considered as spent, you need not declare it.

Anything other than a spent motoring conviction is all that is likely to cause concern.

#15 08-06-09 11:17:46

Heading4afall

Heading4afall wrote:

If the "conviction" is considered as spent, you need not declare it.

Anything other than a spent motoring conviction is all that is likely to cause concern.

I don't know if it's a new thing but it definitely asks you to declare any (spent or unspent) motoring convictions AND when I rang them they asked me to find out the exact date??

Sent CRB off 27.4.09
CRB returned 2.6.09

#16 08-06-09 14:05:09

Aspyre

just do what they asked heading4afall.. Any thing else will just cause problems.

#17 08-06-09 14:07:13

Heading4afall

Yep... I've spoken to the court again today... I'm guessing it'll take at least another 3 phone calls to find out... It's always the way with these things!

Sent CRB off 27.4.09
CRB returned 2.6.09

#18 10-06-09 11:47:44

Heading4afall

So I've finally found out my conviction date and have now applied to join the register online. Does anyone know how long the online route takes? Is it usually 2 weeks?

Sent CRB off 27.4.09
CRB returned 2.6.09

Board footer