You are not logged in.

#1 01-05-05 21:19:54

luchell

any last minute tips welcome!

just having the jitters about my part two first attempt. its tuesday 1.05. im being picked up at 11.30 and have got my test in southampton. i dont know it too well ive been there a few times to get used to some dodgy bits lol
the only thing i worry about as ive said before is ensuring i spot every speed limit change and making sure i can find the right lane etc. awareness and planning isnt my specialty. its not bad but its something i worry bout for the day.any tips welcome in a big big way. please wish me luck i want this more than anything.
thanks guys. youve been a blessing since i found the lot of you lol

01-05-05 21:19:54

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: any last minute tips welcome!

#2 01-05-05 21:58:37

bertie

Hi, reading your post reminded me when I did  pt2 for the second time! I just remember telling myself to stay calm, I'd done the training and there was no reason not to pass. Although I was still nervous I took my time and got through it.  Deep breaths, they work wonders!

Good Luck!

#3 01-05-05 22:04:15

Django

Go Girl.

Hey, what are you getting worried about. I've read your posts and you know what to do. All you need to do is to do it. Easy for me to say I know but it really is that simple.

Go out there and enjoy it. After all this is the one and only time your going to do it. Right? wink Read every sign you pass and don't guess what the speed limit is at any point. Know what it is. Do everything you've been taught to do and give a good demonstration of your skills.

The examiner will be friendly and extremely helpful. They are definately not two headed monsters.

Best tips are be relaxed, enjoy and above all concerntrate and you will be one step closer to hanging up that nurses uniform for good.

Oh and good luck. Not that you will need luck I'm sure.

#4 01-05-05 22:12:36

luchell

thanks so much all of you. and reminding about hanging that blasted uniform up im def up for that. im going into it with the attitude of im going to pass.as theres no reason i should fail.ive just got bad jitters lol xxxxxx

#5 01-05-05 22:40:58

Django

Almost forgot. :oops:

If you make a mistake :oops: ............... FORGET IT IMMEDIATELY (spell checker please)..............it's gone, it's happened, it can't be changed, don't think about it, concerntrate on whats coming up. 8)  8)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 02-05-05 00:25:17

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

luchell,

Good luck with your test on Tuesday, you will be fine.
Regarding speed limits, if you are not sure what speed limit you are in then check for street lamps, if they are there and you can't see any reminder speed limits then consider it as a 30mph limit, if you drive for a few seconds more you may see one of those little 40 mph warning signs on the lamp posts then adjust your speed.
Who are you training with?
All the best and let us know how it went.

Si

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#7 02-05-05 07:53:49

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

Hi lurchell

Good luck! be positive and "businesslike" with the drive and I am sure it will go fine.  Look forward to hearing good news smile
Alex

#8 02-05-05 11:04:59

luchell

im training with bsm, i had my mock 4.4.05 with two onroad sessions still to go out of 5 and got 11 minors which i thought wasnt to bad considering. so fingers crossed for tomorrow.
i took the mock in bath and that seemed way way worse to get around!!
thanks to everyone for their kind wordsxx

#9 02-05-05 12:38:10

ck
Website

Good luck for tomorrow  Luchell I'm sure you'll be fine,as has been said relax and enjoy,concentrate on the drive, treat it as en exhibition drive rather than a test.
Looking forward to reading all about it tomorrow.

ck

#10 02-05-05 15:12:53

Rauxaman

Be smooth and professional with lots of observations.

I was more "keyed up" than I usually am in these circumstances but the examiner was (to my suprise) friendly and chatty and certainly wasn't trying to catch me out.

Take on board what has been said, particularlly about not letting any perceived mistakes influence your remaining drive and remember that you are on test right until you switch off the engine in the test centre car park, do not blow it by dropping your concentration in the last mile.

See it an opportunity to demonstrate and show off your new advanced driving skills.

Enjoy yourself and good luck

#11 02-05-05 18:07:41

adi chris

Good luck tomorow,
As CK said treat it as a exhibition drive.
You know what to do, so good luck smile  smile

#12 02-05-05 18:42:01

jimbo

Good luck with it - a spot of Rescue Remedy might not go amis !!! lol  lol

#13 03-05-05 09:34:51

Julia

Hi lurchell,

Don't know if you will get to read this before you go, but my advice as it doesn't seem to be mentioned before is to get dressed really smart, (you probably will anyway). I found it made me feel more positive and professional and drive more positive and professionally, so I think that made me look that way aswell. ( if that makes sense). I know you still have to drive like you've never drove before but just feel it helped me, along with the deep breathes and the telling myself and SE "I can do this".

Like everybody else has said, just take your time, relax, and try to enjot it. Never give up no matter what, if you falter on something don't worry it may be just a minor, ignore it and carry on.
All the best, let us know how you get on. Julia.

#14 03-05-05 17:11:21

luchell

I DID IT!!!!!!  lol  2 driver faults

all your tips worked. ten mins before the end i went past a bus stopped dropping peeps off, as i started to go past and the car behind me, bus driver pulls out nearly hitting me only choice was to mega put my foot down as oncoming traffic was closing in. i could have cried. i knew id done well up until then and thought i would have got a dangerous or something. not even a minor for it. thinking back now its the only thing i could have done as my instructor told me just before the test if in doubt do exactly what you would do in your car. so i did.

i got two minors, one for having to stop at a mini roundabout sharpish as i misjudged someone coming round, i thought they were going off so got that one on junctions observation, got the second one as i was so so so in doubt about a speed limit. i hadnt seen another telling me it wasnt 30 any more, saw no repeats, almost thought its got to be 40 or something as it was a big big road coming up to a 50 limit on a dual. went about32-33 then thought no i havent seen a sign, if it is 40 id have failed now anyway so ill stick at 30 and slowed down slightly. it put me off that the examiner kept staring blantantly at the speedo, i was waiting for him to have to take verbal action by saying this is a 60 or something. i was waiting for it. but again the old gut instinct paid off. so that was my second driver fault under use of speed. im still totally over the moon.

i really thought id failed and was waiting for it when i got back. im glad that i managed to think oh so what just keep going because i very very nearly let it get the better of me when i knew i shouldnt.
youve all been wonderful so thankyou. i couldnt have done it without the superb advice ive received from here.

sending off for my pink on friday as my part three course finishes then so have got start date of the 20th at the mo. i cant wait!!!!!! lol

#15 03-05-05 17:13:16

luchell

oh and by the way i didnt feel at all nervous as i knew there was nothing more i could have done to prepare myself any better for today. but i admit i took three kalms before instructor picked me up lol.
ive used them before to help me sleep etc and they didnt work. im not sure if they helped but ill take them again for part three cause they may well have helped lol

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#16 03-05-05 17:18:12

Al Capon

luchell wrote:

I DID IT!!!!!!  lol  2 driver faults

Nice one! Congrats.

Al  tongue

#17 03-05-05 18:08:06

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Very well done indeed. and only 2 faults in an hour is just fantastic
Good luck with your pink, I have yet to start the training for part 3 yet so will have to get some training first before I consider a pink.
Anyway - what a feeling ah! Great

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#18 03-05-05 18:38:15

Richofwilts

Well done, you must be so pleased with yourself big_smile

How much training did you have to prepare yourself for part 2 ?

#19 03-05-05 19:23:37

bertie

Well done, you did brilliant! Godd luck with rest of your training!

#20 03-05-05 19:43:08

luchell

im with bsm and they provide you with 5 lots of three hours with a learning partner. so you get 7 and a half hours with the other 7 half spent learning from your partner as it were.

i had the advantage of not needing major work as in 1997 i took the institute of advanced motorists test and have never changed my driving since which made it alot easier. learning partner left and was no where near the standard required after 5 hours. but thats no surprise as he wasnt willing to listen to the instructor or accept his way wasnt the accepted method no matter how good he thought it was.
they do provide extra if youre not going to make the standard just incase peeps might be thinking its not alot for what you pay lol

have you had any part two training yet? i did alot of private
practice in other words i always drive the best i can, where as learning partner used to call it going in and out of role, so on occasion we'd suddenly say going out of role, fly across the road and do a dangerous u turn since as he'd spotted a reverse he fancied trying then hit the bumper off the bsm spare car whilst using it for private practice lol! DOH

thanks for all your congrats guys im well chuffed currently i wanted it sooo badly as im sure most of us if not all do.

#21 03-05-05 19:54:43

jimbo

Well done luchell, excellent, welcome to the world of ADIs (well PDIs) - yahoooooooooo   lol

#22 03-05-05 20:24:42

andymk

well done and the very best of luck for the future as a pdi/adi !

andy

#23 03-05-05 22:07:52

Anonymous

Well done Hayley.  I'll look out for you around Salisbury in the next few weeks.

You'll probably be as busy as you like because I very rarely see a BSM car around the Town these days.  I understand they are desperate for instructors but at £352 a week, I'm not surprised.

Wessex. X

#24 04-05-05 07:09:01

Rauxaman

Hi Luchell-

I logged on this morning especially to find out how you got on... well done and all that, you must be pretty chuffed!!! lol

It took a lot of courage to admit that you were actually taking part 2 the next day, most of us keep quiet and then post "I passed today" rather than admit failure!

Here's to Pt.3... it is "different" to anything that I have ever done before, I feel like the penny is finally dropping now after 6 weeks.

#25 04-05-05 08:00:27

ck
Website

Well done you lol
What a great result with only 2 faults does this mean the uniform is going in the bin or shall you keep it for special occasions.
Good luck with the rest of you carrer.

ck

Board footer