You are not logged in.

#1 04-05-09 20:59:07

pricey

first lesson tomorrow

hi all

am getting a bit nervous for tomorrow

the lady i am taking had lessons 10 years ago but nothing since

one good thing though and credit to the bloke i have been learning with t.i.c and the trainer i had all the way through part 2 and did my 40 hours with for part 3 had agreed to meet me before to show me where i can take her as i'm not quite sure of the Cardiff area

cheers Dale

ps if anyone knows the Blackwood area i have a couple of questions

1 is there somewhere quiet to take pupils ie ind. estate
2 would Pontypridd be the best place for them to take their test if from Blackwood

thanks again

04-05-09 20:59:07

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: first lesson tomorrow

#2 05-05-09 07:10:24

The Saint
Verified Member

Hi Dale

Good luck with your first lesson. I think we always remember our first one!

Can't help with locations of course, but credit to your trainer for helping out 'above and beyond'. You may have left it a bit late asking on the forum for specific advice about areas to teach.

When I qualified, I took a couple of days just driving around looking for all the types of road/junctions/roundabouts that I would need for lessons. Although I teach where I live, you see things differently when  instructing.

Pop into the test centre with a map book and pick their brains. Try and do that on a couple of occasions, you'll get different replies each time!!

Hope it goes well and keep us posted on your progress.

Did you think you didn't have to choose it?
That I alone could win or lose it?
In all the places we were hiding love
What was it we were thinking of?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 05-05-09 14:51:29

Woodyloon
Verified Member

hi all

am getting a bit nervous for tomorrow

the lady i am taking had lessons 10 years ago but nothing since

one good thing though and credit to the bloke i have been learning with t.i.c and the trainer i had all the way through part 2 and did my 40 hours with for part 3 had agreed to meet me before to show me where i can take her as i'm not quite sure of the Cardiff area

cheers Dale

ps if anyone knows the Blackwood area i have a couple of questions

1 is there somewhere quiet to take pupils ie ind. estate
2 would Pontypridd be the best place for them to take their test if from Blackwood

thanks again

Hi Dale

Good luck for your first lesson I hope everything went ok. When I spoke to my coach a few weeks age he said you can view/download test routes on the DSA Website. The way I found my local one was going onto www.dsa.gov.uk then i went in the Driving Instructors and Trainers section and just typed Test Routes in the search box at the top right hand corner. Not sure if this would be any use to yourself.

John

Part 1   30/10/09   100/67
Part 2   29/9/10     2 d/f

#4 07-05-09 10:07:14

ger
Verified Member
Website

best of luck pricey let me know how it goes

Board footer