You are not logged in.

#1 17-04-09 14:10:15

machasm
Website

Part 3 pass first attempt PST 10 no pink

Hi all,
   First post on this forum and I thought I would do a write up on my first attempt at my part 3 with success!
I arrived at the test centre and whilst signing the Declaration noticed that it was for PST10 (secretly my worst PST).
Filled with trepidation I was then introduced to the Examiner's Examiner who was going to accompany us on this test!
Double drat I thought!
Phase 1
I had to listen carefully to ensure I got the correct word picture and it was for crossing traffic, allowing adequate clearance including following distance and the anticipation of other road users.
Panic was really beginning to set in but luckily I opened my notes to the correct briefing (crossing traffic) and remembered the good luck card my daughter had given me that morning and I began to regain some composure.
The moment i began the briefing I felt my confidence begin to build.
After the briefing we ran through the cockpit drill and I had to remind him to put his seatbelt on and I even had enough composure to check that the rear passenger was also wearing one!
The moment we set off we were immediately shaving vehicles so I corrected him by explaining how far we should be out.
This didn't seem to register so I pulled him over and, ensuring the coast was clear, opened my door to give a better indication of the desired space.
This seemed to do the job. We then came across many situations where when approaching a right turn he was deliberately slowing the car to try to time his turns in the path of oncoming vehicles (still safely of course). I could see what he was doing and pulled him up at the earliest convenience to correct this behaviour.
I also noticed that he was not following the priority rules when in meeting traffic situations which confused me for a while as this was not part of the PST we were supposed to be covering. It finally dawned on me that he was trying to tie this in with poor anticipation so I began to pick him up on this.
Phase 2
This was for a FLH.
He immediately began to drive too fast and I explained that the road conditions dictated that we should be reigning our speed in a touch.
His position was also too wide and i again corrected him on this.
The hesitancy card was also played as he was not looking and planning when approaching roundabouts but completely stopping in these cases.
Again his actions were corrected.
Just as a matter of interest I noticed that on no less than three occassions he failed to give me directions and I had to prompt him and he said to make the decision myself!!!
I also noticed that on one occasion he was doing 42MPH in a 40MPH zone and I had to draw his attention to this.
I felt that I had performed under PAR on the day and that I was going to fail but was pleasantly surprised to find that I had achieved a 4 4 Pass on my first attempt and without being on a trainee license!
WooHoo.
Good luck to all that are attempting their part 3 and stick at it. Keep calm and follow the core competencies and you will be fine.
Mac.

17-04-09 14:10:15

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 3 pass first attempt PST 10 no pink

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 17-04-09 14:17:22

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Well done  big_smile
Good luck in the future

#3 18-04-09 11:21:36

mani
Verified Member

Great news, Thanks for the write up. All the best for the future.

#4 19-04-09 09:37:02

jlo31
Verified Member
Website

Congratulations.

I am planning not to bother with pink either so really encouraging reading your write up.

Best wishes

Jlo31

RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction
IAM Motorcycle
DSA ADI (Car)
DSA Fleet registered trainer (Grade 5)
www.PrecisionDriverTraining.co.

#5 28-04-09 02:08:37

wonder wheels

well done!!

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food" W.C. Fields

"I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw that my bath toys were a toaster and a radio" Joan Rivers

#6 28-04-09 18:51:35

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Congratu;ations Mac, Great write up. You must be so delighted.  smile

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

#7 03-06-09 13:35:52

bezzaboy1978
Verified Member

congrats matey and good write up, cheers!!  big_smile