You are not logged in.

#1 12-04-09 07:25:49

deathis@hotmail.co.uk

attempts

OK so some have you may have read my other thread about the hopeless day i had on my part 3 day. for those that didn't i ended up not taking it due to not having the correct documentation (silly me). so i rebooked my test for may 21st (seems like an eternity away). got the comfirmation letter through the other day it says this is my 2nd attempt which i find confusing as i didn't actually take my last one. was the first one really counted? we never left the Tc never mind did any driving. is it a clerical error they seen its the 2nd time i booked so just think its my 2nd attempt? any thoughts?

12-04-09 07:25:49

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: attempts

#2 12-04-09 09:01:37

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
I would definitely challenge this,it seems most unfair.
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 12-04-09 09:33:01

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Unfortunately it will go through as an attempt,  even tho u never left the TC.
You've had to pay again for the 21st i take it..therefore its seen as another test.
As with any other test if the candidate does not have both parts of licence the test will not be carried out, this is stated when u book and when u get the letter of confirmation...you can try ringing the DSA & pleading your case..but I'm pretty sure what their answer will be  neutral

#4 12-04-09 09:47:28

KevB
Verified Member
Website

The booking system will keep it marked as a test attempt, however, when this has occured to others, it hasn't actually counted towards their 3 strikes and out. They have still been able to take another 3 attempts.

Unless you signed the test declaration, you will still have 3 attempts.

#5 12-04-09 11:01:00

deathis@hotmail.co.uk

i signed nothing on the day and don't worry i will be giving them a call to put them straight

#6 12-04-09 11:07:53

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Ah thats good news (no signature)...good luck let us know what happens...hopefully u wont need ur 3 attempts anyway  big_smile the 21st will be here before u know it!

#7 12-04-09 11:44:18

deathis@hotmail.co.uk

not quick enough lol and no hoping for first time

#8 12-04-09 13:20:51

Lily-Anne
Verified Member
Website

No it won't be counted as an attempt, funny enough one of my PDI's did exactly the same thing!!  I obviously didn't nag enough, lol.

They have only been putting down which attempt it is over the last couple of years, prior to that every letter said, this will be your first attempt.  A call to them will definitely put your mind at rest knowing the DSA.  I changed my address they sent me a letter confirming the change and then wrote to me at my old address!!

LA

http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk
BA, Dip Di, Cardington 'A', NLP Practitioner using coaching as a life skill.
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#9 12-04-09 13:27:17

deathis@hotmail.co.uk

wasn't a case of not nagged enough the night before my pt3 the gear box went on my car so was trying to get it fixed or find a replacement. luckily (or not as it turns out) a friend of mine an instructor lent me her car at the last moment. that had duals though which in one way is a good thing but way i see it, it was only one more thing they could have failed me on huh

#10 12-04-09 18:57:47

starpassdrivingschool

It wont count as an attempt i forgot to re arrange my second part three and tyhen got a letter saying it was my third attempt phoned them they told me it was just procedure and not to worry a couple of days later i got a new letter saying it was my second attempt so dont worry about it you still have three goes good luck with the next one
charles.

Board footer