You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 05-05-09 16:22:27

guess who
Verified Member

Re: Driving Instructors

You must report him to the DSA.
You must report him to the police.

You must also tell your local paper about him. Don't worry about up setting this person, as he was more than happy to teach you in a car with no insurance.

05-05-09 16:22:27

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 05-05-09 17:47:40

mazmw

just to thank everyone who has commented. He has been reported to the DSA and police and now i have found an absolute fantastic instructor who is independent but i thoroughly checked him out first and i have learned more in three lessons with this instructor than i did in all the time with the other one.
I have been told it could take years to get my money back from the old instructor so i am thinking i may not bother claiming it back, not because i can afford to lose the money i have wasted because after being made redundant believe me i can't but now i want to learn how to drive not just pass my test like the emphasis was on with him and maybe i should put it down to a really bad experience and concentrate on the future.
There is good and bad in every profession and i feel i am partly to blame as i should have been more thorough in checking him out instead of taking the first instructor that responded, and most importantly i should have found out what should be on the badge and inspected it instead of him letting me glance at the badge and assuming it to be real and up to date. I have certainly learned my very expensive lesson but i genuinely believe that there is many more good than bad instructors out there my new instructor has restored that faith in me and so has this forum.

#28 06-05-09 07:52:35

guess who
Verified Member

mazmw as i said, you must go to the papers about this.

Just think how many more un suspecting people this con man can take money of.
How many more people will he have learning in a car with no insurance. 

If you dont want to do it, then please send me the details by pm and i will do it.

This person is giving us ADI who are doing our best a bad name.

#29 09-05-09 00:10:00

mrbrightside
Verified Member

Im glad you've reported him, and I'm glad you've found a new instructor who you like. It might be more beneficial to you to just put it all behind you and concentrate on learning to drive. I wish you all the luck with that, as it sounds like you deserve a break!

On a side note, with relation to the so called big schools. I am currently on a franchise scheme with a large regional school (with some national coverage too), but they have never seen my green licence nor has anyone from this school been in my car to assess me. They were simply happy to have another franchisee to take money from!

I cannot speak for other schools but it can be a bit mis-leading for pupils who phone and reputable company up because they expect a good service when in actual fact they could be forwarded on to an illegal instructor or just a pathetic one!

Therefore, instructors who are part of big driving schools are by noe means guarenteed to be fantastic or even legal. Especially those that use PDI's (most of whom won't be good enough to qualify!)

Part 1: Passed (11/9/07) 96/100 & 68/75
Part 2: Passed (19/10/07) 3 Minors
Part 3: (2nd) Passed (27/11/08) 4/4
Check Test: Grade 5 (16/03/11)

Board footer