You are not logged in.

#1 09-04-09 22:56:35

Carlw

Passed PT3 2nd attempt

Hi

I passed yesterday with a 4-4 on PST6

My examiner was really nice and tried to make me feel at ease during the test.  Although i thought i had screwed phase 1 up by not being able to sort out the controlled stop.

Phase 1

I gave my briefing and Q&A, i felt all was good.  The examiner tried the old set mirrors and then move seat trick, i was having none of that.. Drove around for the next 10 Min's with him doing every mirror fault under the sun. i just kept on him and tried to not let him get away with anything.  Then onto the Controlled stop.  I gave the briefing and completely forgot to metion using the clutch until the last Minuit, i corrected myself and off we went. 
1st stop was quick reactions and slow braking.  praised his reactions but told him he was breaking to slowly.  next was much better until he had almost stopped at which point he came off the brakes and flatterned what we were stopping for. lol...  Next couple of attempts he pressed the clutch instead of the brakes, i twigged on the 2nd of these what he was doing but run out of time to sort them out.

Phase 2

I again gave the briefing but completely for got to go over hesitancy.  Off we went 1st fault was driving down the gutter which i didn't get sorted until the end.  2nd fault was driving too slow, 3rd fault was he stopped at every jnc.
I kept trying to find him a new reference point in the front window too no avail until the end when i told him to use the wear marks in the road and to put his right wheel in the right mark (needed to his life line"what do i do if i have my own car i cannot seem to find 1 meter from the kerb without your help").
The driving too slow found out in the end it was he was changing up the gears too soon. although I'm sure at the start of the phase he was fine with the gears but wasn't sure of speed limits.  I told him when to change gears in the end and got a response"wow that feels much better now, that car seems to want to go quicker".
The stopping at every jnc i got sorted by telling him a method that a friend told me "cast and reel" Cast your vision as far as you can and reel in the hazards.

When i got back to the test center i told my friend that i thought i would fail on phase 1 but to my suprise and delight i passed.

Carl

09-04-09 22:56:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Passed PT3 2nd attempt

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 10-04-09 08:28:09

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

big_smile  Congratulations Carl!
All the best for the future

#3 10-04-09 10:11:10

nemo

well done

#4 10-04-09 14:46:33

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Congratulations Carl  big_smile smile

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

#5 10-04-09 20:27:49

michaelat50
Verified Member

well done its a great feeling when you pass good luck for future

#6 12-04-09 20:33:19

deathis@hotmail.co.uk

gratz m8y wd

#7 13-04-09 18:55:15

ceecee
Verified Member

Congrats on your test pass! Enjoy yor new career

ADI Part 1 passed: 28/03/2008
ADI Part 2 passed: 03/07/2008
ADI Part 3 failed: 28/07/2009
ADI Part 3 failed: 30/09/2009
ADI Part 3 passed:07/10/2009

#8 13-04-09 19:01:34

starpassdrivingschool

Well done thats a good result good luck with the future career

#9 17-04-09 05:44:32

Trumper
Verified Member

Well done. Think you had PST 5 and not 6

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual
Cardington A , D.I.A Special test, R.O.S.P.A , I.A.M

#10 17-04-09 13:10:43

jay666
Website

Well done. Cant wait to get there myself.

Board footer