You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 01-04-09 11:13:10

Luchell
Verified Member

'My Check test hell'

Well today was the day of my 2nd checktest. I did my first in January 2006 a few months after passing part 3. I gained a 4, although happy I got a grade I was unhappy i hadn't managed a 5 (No disrespect to anyone meant)

Anyhow I knew I was over due a checktest and through the post about 3/4 weeks ago my letter arrived, My checktest was to take place on April 1st at 10.30. I had a bit of a laugh about the date and time then got on with preperation. I mentioned to the Se doing the C/T about doing roleplay and she turned me against the idea so I got on and reworked my thoughts and came up with a plan.

This time i was determined to go for that grade 6 with everything I had. Pupil and topic sorted, pass plus module out of town.

Worked hard on content, route planning, NOT practising the route round and round with the pupil trying to 'set it up' so to speak. Watched Blaines videos and grabbed some bits i liked and worked them into my tuition to get it all natural and I was comfortable with my ability although nervous which i'm sure is normal.

Sat up too long last night unable to put 'Practical teaching skills for driving instructors' down  lol Finally lol I must have fallen asleep and woke this morning fresh and ready to give it all I had.

Picked up my pupil at half 9 and drove her in to the test centre ready to being the lesson from there. I felt fine and wasn't tongue tied thankfully so in we went.

Then it all went wrong. No one was there apart from the adis whose pupils were out on test with the D.es. I knocked the cubbyhole door a couple of times and rang the bell twice.

The adis began teasing me saying another adi might have sent me the letter as an april fools, after mentioning they wish they had thought of such a goodun to do to someone on april fools I began to wonder what was going on!

After half an hour and no calls being answered by anyone who could help me the D.e's returned. It was then the penny dropped. No the S.e isn't here, she's just gone on holiday and isn't due back for two weeks  yikes yikes yikes yikes :x :x

Out of frustration I burst into tears  neutral :oops: Silly yes but after all the working up to it and the preperation, pupils time etc etc etc etc I was gutted to say the least. NO LETTER, NO PHONECALL nothing! So it wasn't an aprils fools joke but to be honest it still feels like it was. I felt totally distraught, silly maybe but i couldn't help it.

01-04-09 11:13:10

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 'My Check test hell'

#2 01-04-09 12:02:01

VandADI
Administrator

Oh Hayley how awful for you and your pupil, you must be so gutted.
Well, this is typical of how it's one rule for one, and another rule for others.  All this big hoo ha with the DSA clamping down on ADIs that don't turn up for check tests, what a joke, what about the SE that does not turn up? What happens then, do they get booted off too?
Hayley, you will get over this when you have calmed down, but I would also expect some answers from the DSA. SE went on holiday without clearing her diary of check tests! absolutely disgusting!

#3 01-04-09 12:15:50

Luchell
Verified Member

Thanks Vanda, I have been rebooked for 6th May. Two different stories it seems, the head guy i spoke to tells me its down to personal circumstances which is terrible to hear BUT then tells me the Se had the time booked off anyhow which left me totally confused! I was told there was holiday booked which apparently yes there was but something else happened, he said he had arranged cover for the days off the Se had booked but when personal circumstances came up with the same person who was on holiday he called all the check tests off??  neutral  Anyhow we went round in circles with the explaination changing til it made no sense   roll

Regardless I have decided to get over it and start planning just how I intend to get my grade 6 on the new date he booked me  lol lol

Not a nice experience though, as Kevin says he would be thinking thank god for that, i've escaped it for a few more weeks whereas I'm always the opposite, can't relax til i've done it kind of thing   roll lol

#4 01-04-09 12:17:35

Luchell
Verified Member

I should add he mentioned he rang me yesterday very late afternoon and left a message (After telling me the issue appeared a couple of days earlier than that  neutral There's no message though but he read my correct contact number, I think he just forgot   roll)

#5 01-04-09 12:36:16

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Hayley I cannot find the words!!!

You must be gutted!

What an appalling lack of professionalism and courtesy by DSA

Get youself a nice  bottle of Merlot and a good DVD and forget about the ??????$!

You take care

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#6 01-04-09 12:36:45

ExAdiNigel

I must admit I wasn't sure how to read all this considering what day it is.

I suggest you put in a claim for the lost time.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 01-04-09 12:39:19

VandADI
Administrator

Nigel

Nigel - Hayley text me when this was all kicking off and I also thought she was having a laugh, but pretty soon realized she was being deadly serious  :oops:

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 01-04-09 12:46:47

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Nigel

Damned right Nigel.

A pupil would get compo if their test was cancelled, you must have lost quite a few hours work Hayley.

Get on the ball.

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#9 01-04-09 17:50:36

Luchell
Verified Member

I asked about compensation for lost time and the phone went quiet  :? :?   Not the best day for it as yes it did look like i was having Vanda on this morning  lol

I feel alot better now it's just bizzarely i really wanted to do it and I really did take time to prepare, all I can do is look to the next one and look at it as an opportunity to get even better  smile smile

#10 01-04-09 18:56:20

evanadi

Hayley you have my sympathy, even if you were to get compensation it doesn't make up for the let down and the work preparing for a check test. Ev

#11 01-04-09 22:01:11

la.monikita
Verified Member

hey, when I read the title I though something worst has happened! I guess if you prepare more, you'll get a 7! wink

Get your money girl wink

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#12 02-04-09 20:10:49

Doc
Verified Member
Website

I feel gutted for you Luchell, to be well up for it only to be denied at the TC. Don't let it get to you and try to accept it as "one of those things that happen" otherwise you will be demented by it. Keep focused and get that 6, as after all it's only the starting time that's changed, not the end result.

Best of british with it.

#13 03-04-09 12:46:53

Carlo
Verified Member

Sorry to hear about what happened Luchell sad.

I have mine booked for next Tuesday and what it over with too!  I too have spent lots of time planning and to be honest I want it over with now.  It's actually starting to make be feel ill the waiting sad.

Good Luck with the next one! smile

"It's easy when you know how!"

Board footer