You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 28-03-09 13:49:32

Carlo
Verified Member

Check Test Next Week - Junctions

Hi All,

Got my CT next week  yikes!

I'm going to be covering speed on approach to junctions with a pupil who's had around 35hrs.  My plan for the lesson is the usual recap, set objectives, bit of q&a on junctions then off to practice.  For the route, I'm going to start with basic left and right turns giving lots of help and then slowly easing of the instruction as the learning takes place.  If pupil is doing well with the speed on approach to these basic junctions (and if time allows) then moving onto using safe speed on approach to roundabouts smile.

I will stick to the plan unless fault occur which need sorting.

What I was wondering is, would I be penalised (for over instruction) if I give full talk through to start off with to help pupil settle?  I would do this normally.  Guess ct nerves beginning to creep in!  neutral

Thanks
Carlo  8-)

"It's easy when you know how!"

28-03-09 13:49:32

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Check Test Next Week - Junctions

#2 28-03-09 14:21:39

Aspyre

You mean as they approach the jct?? Why not do it with q&a instead??

If you tell when they already know then it is over instructing.

#3 28-03-09 17:04:00

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi Carlo
Your pupil has had 35 hours,are they struggling with approach to junctions?
If so,fine.
I just do the lesson i would have done,whatever that might be.
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

#4 28-03-09 18:11:12

evanadi

''I'm going to start with basic left and right turns giving lots of help and then slowly easing of the instruction[/color] as the learning takes place.''

Does he need this after 35 hours? Obviously you know your pupil, but will he need this level of instruction after 35 hours.

You mention learning takes place, you have been working with him for 35 hours if it hasn't taken place yet, getting it to take place in an hour maybe a tall order.

I reckon if he is of a fairly good standard, you would be much better dealing with the roundabouts, there is more work for him to do and more chance of you giving a good account of yourself.

But as I say you know your pupil and you know what level he is at. Ev

#5 29-03-09 10:31:02

Carlo
Verified Member

Pupil is of good standard, however finds it hard to judge speed on approach.  For example, either rushing up to junction or slowing to early.  Basically the consistency isn't there sad.  So though it would be something we could focus on for the lesson.

"It's easy when you know how!"

#6 29-03-09 13:07:44

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi Carlo
Absolutely fine,dont forget to brief on all that you tell the Ex you are going to do;last c/test i had a pupil who struggled turning right across traffic;told him what i was going to do and keeping an eye on her mirror work.Didn't mention the mirrors on the brief[duh],got marked down.I will GET these tests eventually!!!
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

#7 02-04-09 20:17:28

Doc
Verified Member
Website

I can't help but agree with those who seem surprised that you want to begin this session with full talk through. This session would benefit more from a Q&A beginning and if your pupil requires full talk through, then fine. At least this way the examiner can see clearly that your strategy was appropriate to the needs of the pupil.

Board footer