You are not logged in.

#1 27-03-09 09:45:56

evanadi

Imagine if this happened to you

You are due to go to work in Macdonalds at 10am, you get up in the morning get yourself off to the bus, which takes you 35 minutes to get there. Once you get to the bus station you walk the 15 minutes to your work. You get inside the building start taking your coat off, then the manager comes up and says: ''we don't need you today, I will phone you tomorrow and tell you when you will be working next''. You make your way home, you have lost the money for the bus and most of the morning.

Imagine if your mum or dad turned up for work one morning, they get there and the manager sends them home, no pay, and a mortgage to pay, they return home, and sit waiting wondering when they will be working again, wondering if they will be able to pay their bills.

I  have put this thread on here, because every day throughout Britain, Learners do this to their driving instructors, they either text or call them and tell them that they can't have a lesson, a lot of the time its a lame excuse they give. Usually they have flu, they have been called into work etc.

I am not saying that anyone on this forum does this, however you do have the power to change the way learners think. If you have friends who behave this way, make them think about what they are doing.

Driving Instructors are self employed adults, they have the same commitments as your mums and dads, just imagine how your mum and dad would feel if they lost a day or a day and a half's work every week. Go and ask them if they would be worried, ask yourself how you would feel about their employer if they were doing this to your parents.

Ask yourself how you would feel if you turned up for work in Macdonalds or wherever you work and got sent home with no pay.

Ev

27-03-09 09:45:56

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Imagine if this happened to you

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 27-03-09 10:27:32

kjs
Verified Member
Website

#3 30-03-09 12:47:56

hayzy
Verified Member
Website

Its part of the job unfortunately still cracks me up when they let you turn up to an empty house though!

oh dear

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 30-03-09 18:30:39

evanadi

Its part of the job unfortunately still cracks me up when they let you turn up to an empty house though!

It also indicates why lots are unemployable. Ev

#5 02-04-09 08:00:22

Karl
Verified Member

If they mess me around enough, I just don't turn up on test day, and I use the same exucses that they have used on me,

Good post Ev

Part 1- 93% and 67
Part 2- 2 Minors
Part 3- Passed 20th Dec 4/5 2006

#6 02-04-09 08:07:16

kjs
Verified Member
Website

I only let them do it to me twice, then is adios amigos.

kevin

#7 03-04-09 18:31:19

Spike
Verified Member

Same here. First time I'll put a card through the door and possibly a phone call. Second time, no follow up ata ll.

#8 05-04-09 20:59:52

martin_t
Verified Member

Payment in advance seems like a good idea to me. Not a complete solution but at least you don't get taken for a COMPLETE mug.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 06-04-09 14:10:03

ExAdiNigel

If they mess me around enough, I just don't turn up on test day, and I use the same exucses that they have used on me,

That's childish & unprofessional.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#10 08-04-09 20:35:34

Karl
Verified Member

It makes me happy, and i like being happy!

Part 1- 93% and 67
Part 2- 2 Minors
Part 3- Passed 20th Dec 4/5 2006

#11 08-04-09 20:45:32

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

All responses are from 'recognised trainers' If possible could a learner respond?

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#12 08-04-09 21:02:18

koolchick

I really can't see why people do this if you want to learn to drive you need lessons or at least private practice. In the full 16 month I was learning to drive I think I once changed the time of a lesson by about an hour cos I couldn't make it at time I booked it and my ADI at time was fine with it actually he was always changing lesson times so couldn't really say anything but I didn't mind as he would always let me know and sometimes I got lesson a day early. I never once canceled a lesson as I enjoyed them and hated the gap between lessons as it was. I only ever wasn't ready for ADI getting here with my 2nd ADI and that was cos he was sometimes 15 min early once he was 25 min early but I never left him waiting long and he never said anything.

#13 08-04-09 21:12:02

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Kc,

most trainers have at least one client who messes us around, the majority of clients ARE stalwarts like yourself & never let us down.

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#14 09-04-09 21:17:34

johnnyfr
Verified Member
Website

I'm too soft with people who text me a few hours before but I ALWAYS charge if I knock at the door and they're not there.

DSA ADI (car) -- DSA Fleet Driver Trainer [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk/grade6adi.php]Grade 6[/URL] -- ORDIT Registered Trainer
Level 4 PTLLS, Rospa Gold, NVQ Level 3 Driving Instruction, A1 Assessors Award, [URL=http://www.brake.org.uk]Brake[/URL] Road Safety Ambassador, DIA Taxi Trainer.
Visit us for [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk]Driving Lessons[/URL] or [URL=http://www.accufleet.co.uk]Fleet Driver Training[/URL]

Board footer