You are not logged in.

#1 18-03-09 19:50:20

mon
Verified Member
Website

Am I right??

Hi,
Everyone,I would just like to ask your good selves a question.I am just back from taking my cousin out on a lesson,now she is 42 years old and she can basically drive but is a bit of a divvy sometimes,forgetting the simple things.
She lived in Saudi for 9 years,worked as a nurse,while her yank hubby was in Army,women are not allowed to drive in that country,and before that she was in America for a long time,driving Autos.Now the way I am approaching this is treating her like a Phase 2 pupil with lots of Q&A on the subjects we decide to do for that day,I then explained to her that I would return to Phase 1 instruction when she was struggling to give an answer (which is alot of the time)but heres the thing she does know enough not to be treated as a beginner.
Is my approach OK or is there something else recommended for this kind of pupil.
Mon

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

18-03-09 19:50:20

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Am I right??

#2 18-03-09 20:06:16

evanadi

Simple answer is there isn't always a definitive line you can put on pupils knowledge and ability mon. Its where the part 3 and real life teaching differs I am afraid.

Sounds as if you have the right angle on things. With regards to having to return to ''phase 1'' teaching, this is often the case with ''real pupils'', you go through it with them, they are doing it well, and then you have to go back through it a couple of weeks later, because there are weaknesses in their knowledge and understanding of things. A classic example of this is the amount of time we spend teaching and practicing roundabouts. Meeting traffic is another one that you have to keep returning to with some. Ev

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 18-03-09 22:06:33

tony adi
Verified Member
Website

Q&A establishes the level of knowledge, if the knowledge isn't there you have to give the information. Same with practical aspects, if they can't do it you have to tell them how to do it.

It's the same with part 3, it's not always all Q&A.

www.selbydriving.co.uk

12.gif

“Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same
function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy
state of things.”
~ Winston Churchill

Board footer