You are not logged in.

#1 24-02-09 22:07:02

baggie13
Website

Check Test Next Tuesday...

Hi all,

Got my first check test next Tuesday, was planning on taking a pupil but now looks like its gonna be a "role play" check test.
3 years since i qualified so had a lesson last week with a local company to see if i had any weaknesses, just told to get the pupils brain working more when it comes to Q and A.
From experience do you all think a role play check test is any better or worst then a real pupil??
Thanks in advance.

24-02-09 22:07:02

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Check Test Next Tuesday...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 26-02-09 08:49:25

johnnyfr
Verified Member
Website

I got a 6 last week on a role play check test and would never take a pupil - too unpredictable.
At least the SE will display faults and will stop doing it as long as you do your job. How many pupils will stop doing something only to start again?!
Others may disagree but my firm belief is that there is no reason to worry about doing role play.

DSA ADI (car) -- DSA Fleet Driver Trainer [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk/grade6adi.php]Grade 6[/URL] -- ORDIT Registered Trainer
Level 4 PTLLS, Rospa Gold, NVQ Level 3 Driving Instruction, A1 Assessors Award, [URL=http://www.brake.org.uk]Brake[/URL] Road Safety Ambassador, DIA Taxi Trainer.
Visit us for [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk]Driving Lessons[/URL] or [URL=http://www.accufleet.co.uk]Fleet Driver Training[/URL]

#3 28-02-09 08:28:38

tiber
Verified Member

i agree 100% role play is for more manageable and you can focus on the details in the exercise without worrying about your pup. i did junctions and roudabouts what are you doing?

#4 01-03-09 23:01:26

baggie13
Website

Thanks for all your replies,
Im doing junctions too, t junctions, app junctions L and R, also Crossroads,got a stop sign on the route im taking him so will ask the question in the recap at the start about the difference in meaning between stop and give way signs...
How did your check test go? What did you use for recap and what faults did the examiner throw in??

#5 03-03-09 21:20:16

johnnyfr
Verified Member
Website

How did you get on Baggie?

DSA ADI (car) -- DSA Fleet Driver Trainer [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk/grade6adi.php]Grade 6[/URL] -- ORDIT Registered Trainer
Level 4 PTLLS, Rospa Gold, NVQ Level 3 Driving Instruction, A1 Assessors Award, [URL=http://www.brake.org.uk]Brake[/URL] Road Safety Ambassador, DIA Taxi Trainer.
Visit us for [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk]Driving Lessons[/URL] or [URL=http://www.accufleet.co.uk]Fleet Driver Training[/URL]

#6 09-03-09 23:52:20

baggie13
Website

Hi all,
Sorry about the delay in replying..
I passed my check test with a grade 4, was a bit dissappointed with a 4.
wanted to get that big grade 6 but found it totally different and a lot harder doing a role play.
In the de brief SE gave me some good advice on how to improve my teaching which i found very helpful,
so all done for another 2/3 years, my advice would be to take a pupil with you for your check test.
Baggie 13

#7 10-03-09 00:16:48

Luchell
Verified Member

Thanks for posting your thoughts and result, funny enough it's helped me. I really wanted to do roleplay, I thought I might prefer that this time. I had my first checktest Jan 06 so i knew i was due a letter on the doormat. On the first C/T I also got a 4 and similar to you I was so desperate to gain that amazing 6. I was a whisker off a 5. I was glad it was over from the sense that I would now in the future know it was nothing to be scared about.

When I mentioned my thought of a roleplay check test to our centre manager who will be doing mine her answer was simply 'Who would you rather have, a pupil you've had from scratch knowing exactly what that pupil had been taught , or me who who you would never have met before, i know what i would do'  neutral 

I didn't want to come across rudely by telling her well actually at some point ALL my pupils are new to me and I do just fine with those whether they are a novice or a pupil at test standard that I am assessing for whatever reason i.e failed test etc

I did feel that perhaps they had a dislike of being in role, or prefer to sit back and watch compared to being in role having to work at being my pupil. Who knows. Anyhow I am now leading more towards taking one of mine who needs to cover meeting traffic as a topic along with adequate clearance.

Board footer