You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 19-02-09 17:39:30

johnnyfr
Verified Member
Website

First Check Test yesterday!

Hi all. Just thought I would share my experiences!
I had my first check test yesterday, about 18months after passing part 3. As I am fleet registered, it was a fleet check test.

I opted for roleplay - and always will from now on. It's true what people say about the SE having to work, rather than sitting in the back marking you.
As it was fleet, I had to do a presentation which the SE time managed, followed by about 10secs of vehicle checks before he cut me short.
After a cockpit drill and rolling brake test, we went for a 10 min assessment drive - his main risk areas were speed, msm, eco, following distance and a few others like cutting corners turning right, steering, straight lining r'bouts etc.
The rest was just going around the same route making sure he didn't do it again - and why not to.
He was pretty responsive to my suggestions and ended up driving back to the DTC perfectly.

When he disappeared for 5 mins, I figured I could have done a bit better on the 'why' but I felt I'd ID'd all his faults. In fact, I was thinking that I'd take a 5 if offered one.
Anyway, I got a 6! In fact, I got all 6s apart from a 5 for Q&A! Gutted - so close to straight 6s on my first check test!

In my humble opinion, anyone can get a 6 as long as:
1. You see all the faults;
2. You don't let them happen again.
It's not that difficult - just get on top of things.

I'm celebrating this weekend!

Oh, and if you want any help for your fleet CT - ask Hector. A lot of that 6 was down to him.

DSA ADI (car) -- DSA Fleet Driver Trainer [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk/grade6adi.php]Grade 6[/URL] -- ORDIT Registered Trainer
Level 4 PTLLS, Rospa Gold, NVQ Level 3 Driving Instruction, A1 Assessors Award, [URL=http://www.brake.org.uk]Brake[/URL] Road Safety Ambassador, DIA Taxi Trainer.
Visit us for [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk]Driving Lessons[/URL] or [URL=http://www.accufleet.co.uk]Fleet Driver Training[/URL]

19-02-09 17:39:30

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: First Check Test yesterday!

#2 19-02-09 17:43:31

VandADI
Administrator

May I be the first to congratulate you on a fantastic result!

#3 19-02-09 18:03:07

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

big_smile Well Done, great result!

#4 19-02-09 22:31:53

Doc
Verified Member
Website

That is very impressive johny, you've certainly earned your celebration. Hope it's  a good one.

#5 19-02-09 22:39:00

KevB
Verified Member
Website

WTG,  well done J. Very pleased for you smile

#6 23-02-09 20:39:00

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Thats brilliant well done smile smile

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4