You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 07-02-09 11:47:51

SnaxMuppet

LDC Training Course - Blogging my experience

OK, I really don't think anyone wants to discuss the merits or otherwise of the LDC course again here as I think we might have done that sufficiently in another thread (although I will always respond to posts if appropriate)... however, as I am starting the course from scratch, and as there may be some out there who are interested in what I am getting for my £2345 so I thought I would blog my experience and progress on the course.

So, I have a blog at:

http://ldcdrivertraining.blogspot.com/

I am going to document the details of my experience every step of the way with photos, training reports, assessment of their customer service (which so far BTW looks excellent smile ) and general thoughts and comments. I am going to keep this blog right up to my qualification and then into the LDC frachise afterwards.

Please feel free to click on the Comments link at the bottom of each post and post your own comments on my posts... I won't get upset if you disagree with what I say but I will be a little upset if there is something you do want to say but you don't say it!!!  :cry:

You can set up an RSS feed too so you don't have to keep returning to the blog to see if there is a new entry. Just click on the RSS link on the righthand side.

This will be a fun way to document and record one person's experience at the hands of LDC.

07-02-09 11:47:51

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: LDC Training Course - Blogging my experience

#2 07-02-09 15:56:24

howly
Verified Member
Website

good luck with your training.
i trained with ldc and have been on their franchise for 3 years and have not looked back.  you've made a sound and well researched decision, one which i'm sure you wont regret.

ultimately, your training will only be as good as the effort you put in and the quality of your trainer.  i'm sure you will be well equipped in both departments.

no training company can guarantee success, but one thing i will say about ldc is everybody will want you to succeed and will do their best to ensure success.

again, good luck.

chris howell

#3 07-02-09 16:47:11

KevB
Verified Member
Website

Hi Paul.

Good luck with your course and your blog smile

I would just like to point out that you may benifit in getting permission to use that name for the blog if you haven't already done so.

regards, Kev.

#4 07-02-09 17:27:57

Makem Drive
Verified Member

Why does the link to Red appear at the bottom of the LDC blog page?   smile

#5 29-04-09 15:13:02

Aspyre

"tweets (that is what entries on Twitter are called) "

so what do they call people who use twitter?? :evil:

#6 30-04-09 09:32:39

Heading4afall

I've just started reading your blog Snaxmuppet... It makes good reading smile

Sent CRB off 27.4.09
Started AA training 1.5.09
CRB returned 2.6.09
Applied to join register 10.6.09

#7 30-04-09 20:15:18

jlo31
Verified Member
Website

I am really enjoying your blog as well!

I started a similar time to you and am really keen to see how you get on. I am doing the PAYG route although I do have an excellent instructor. I had around 13 hours of lessons for part 2 and passed the test first time last week with one minor.

In fact I am even considering having a crack at my DIAmond special test as well although it is very expensive and to get 2 minors or less in 90 mins of driving  would be very testing!! Not sure  I have the bottle to do that yet!!

One thing I have definitely decided on it doing my ROSPA test. I am just waiting to sort some dates out for that. And yes I got the Chris Gilbert Commenty DVD as well. Its excellent.

I am having my first part 3 lesson this Saturday and have just bought my lesson plan folder from DIA website. It looks very good.

Best of luck anyhow for your part 2.

Cheers

Jlo31

RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction
IAM Motorcycle
DSA ADI (Car)
DSA Fleet registered trainer (Grade 5)
www.PrecisionDriverTraining.co.

#8 30-04-09 22:30:19

jlo31
Verified Member
Website

A couple of my lessons were 1 hour, most were 1.5 hours and a few were 2 hours which worked ok for me.

Good luck for your part 2. I was chuffed with 1 minor but annoyed it was for positioning on a motorway (I moved out to lane 2 to overtake a car that was going not much slower than me thus we were not making much progress on it. By which time we came to the exit I needed to take so I had to move back to lane 1) Stupid mistake but am just pleased I passed!

Cheers

Jlo31

IAM Motorcycle
DSA ADI (Car)

#9 04-05-09 21:46:45

findogask

hi there, snaxmuppet,

as the bad guy says to James Bond, "your reputation proceeds you "

I am thinking of a francise with, LDC, had a causual chat with one of their instucters and they reccommended your blog, have only just managed to find it ( sorry not the most computer literate), but at first glance it looks fairly indespesable, if i take this on boared i will work part time , as I a begining to realise there is a lot more to being an ADI than simply enjoying driving, but all the LDC lads ( and lasses) have been very positive, stuck in a corporate jungle at the moment and dying to get out...

findo gask

#10 25-07-09 15:39:11

jlo31
Verified Member
Website

Hi,

Rather shocked to hear the news but visited http://ldcdrivertraining.blogspot.com/ and for reasons that Snaxmuppet was not enjoying the training he has decided to stop his training and call it a day.

I think he would have made a really good instructor but I guess if you are not enjoying it then why continue.

I will miss his blog entry's and good posts.

Good luck SnaxMuppet in what ever you decide to do!

Jlo31

IAM Motorcycle
DSA ADI (Car)

#11 26-07-09 23:25:56

Doc
Verified Member
Website

Snax, i'm saddened to hear you will not be continuing your training, as i felt confident you would have gone on to become a very good instructor and a credit to LDC if you had planned to take up the franchise. I wish you very well in whatever you decide to do and i'm sure i speak for many when i say you will be missed on the forums.

Board footer