You are not logged in.

#1 10-01-09 20:05:32

mon
Verified Member
Website

First Pupil Nerves

Well I took my Nephew down to the Local graveyard carpark for his first ever lesson(and mine).Collected him from house and started putting everything into action,showing him steering and getting him to watch how I change gear(didn't go into anything in too great of detail).
Got to site and done safety drill,talk on foot and hand controls,then Recap.The next bit I really enjoyed and so did he,Moving off and stopping.The fella has never sat in the drivers seat of a car and I can't tell you how great it felt that after half an hour or so I had him moving away and also using Push/Pull ,we must have went round 25 times the empty car park,which is great as it has the layout of public roads,left turns on give way lines.
I must admit I did muddle through a little but soon got my confidence back and took control.I can see now the reward that ADI s get is not just financial,he told me at the end of the lesson he was buzzing and he didn't think he'd have what it takes,I will admit to myself I have felt the same in the last few months but no more,I am totally convinced that this is the career for me,absolute buzz when I got him using the clutch control correctly and steering pretty darn well for a beginner.
So even though I am not qualified yet(30 hours into Pt3) I think this a good set up,he gets free lessons and I get invaluable experience teaching what I have been taught..any views anybody???
Mon

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

10-01-09 20:05:32

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: First Pupil Nerves

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 11-01-09 15:49:17

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Nice one Mon!
Feels good to actually put it into practise on a real life guinea pig eh!!
Sounds like you both enjoyed it and thats half the battle! Enjoy and u will learn faster which will go for you and u pupil  big_smile

#3 15-01-09 20:43:30

wolves
Verified Member

Hi Mon
I started with my Nephew as well, and enjoyed it totally, he started in November and passed 1st time on the 1st September, i think i was as chuffed as he was.
Regards Paul

Part 1.....100% & 57  passed 1st Time
Part 2.....4 minors     Passed 1st Time
Part 3.....3 & 3         Failed 1st attempt
part 3.....2 & 3         Failed 2nd attempt
part 3.....3 & 4         Failed 3rd attempt
part 1..Round2..96% & 68% passed 1st time
Part 2..Round2..3 minors 1 serious failed 1st attempt
Part 2..Round2..5 minors Passed 2nd attempt
Part 3..Round2..4 & 3 Failed 1st attempt
part 3..round2..3 & 3 failed 2nd attempt
part 3..round2..4 & 5 PASSED 3rd attempt woohoo!

#4 28-01-09 18:20:54

Dux
Verified Member
Website

Hi mon.

I've been doing this for a while now, but still get the same buzz out of the early lessons as I ever did, I love it when you see them go from complete novices scared of their own shadow, to confident drivers, with the satisfaction of knowing it was you who took them there.

Well done and keep enjoying the job, the rewards are more than financial, which is a good job really  big_smile

Part 1 Passed April 07

Part 2 Passed June 07 3 Minors

Part 3 Delayed Success 05/12/07    3-3

Part 3 Passed 20/02/08      5-5

Diamond Advanced Driver 03/06/08

www.polepositiondrivertraining.co.uk

Board footer