You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 09-12-08 17:37:49

RJHGT
Verified Member
Website

PST 5 Write Up

Given the amount of hours I had dedicated to part 3, with more and more hours during the 2 weeks prior to today, I decided not to look at any notes last night. Up really early, I mean really early about 5am with a strange feeling……………….. Something going on today but not really thinking of Part 3.
Off I went to meet my trainer for a Cost Coffee, and then headed over to Sale on my own, about an hour drive. Full commentary to myself on route (which helped to lubricate the vocals)
Arrived at the test centre visited the loo and was in time for 12.30pm start.
I was strangely looking forward to my lesson (I mentally prepared myself by convincing myself this Examiner Person was going to be a real live PUP)
I was then greeted by a Guy called J and he asked me to sign the form, and then asked me to lead the way to my car and asked me to wait in the passenger seat. Therefore I knew it was not going to be PST 1 or PST 2.
Into the car and off we go, Gave me the Word Picture:

PHASE 1 Did the brief on Mirrors and he put in a few faults that I quickly corrected. We got on the move and the mirror faults were fast and furious, picked him up on them and he started to correct them. Arrived at the location and started my brief.
Didn’t use my notes at all however was confident everything was covered. Core Comp.
1st attempt went ok but reaction was too slow and clutch was down first. Core Comp.
2nd attempt was better, however Kangarood (Cadence braking on a ABS!!  Core Comp.
3rd attempt was good.
4th attempt was the best one so job done! Lots of Praise.
Lots of praise for this Guy and time was up.

PHASE 2 Test booked for 1 month, really enjoying it, and needs a few problems sorting out. He said his instructor had gone on holiday and he needed to sort out his speed issues, hesitance and road position.
Started by relevant Q and A, to the subject.
Asked about for normal road positioning and asked him about speed limits and hesitantcy.
His road position started to move towards the kerb so sorted reference point.Core Comp.
T-Junction stopped and applied the parking brake and looked, but it was clear so Core Comp.
Had 3 roundabouts, 1st stopped, 2nd and 3rd sorted. Back toward test centre, threw in a position fault on a right hand bend, I helped with the wheel, (didn’t tell him why) but core comp done.
The Result
He said he would be 5 minutes and I waited and waited and waited………..and waited thinking about my performance. I came to the conclusion that on Phase 1 I did fairly well, and on phase 2 I could have been more Pro Active particularly on approach to roundabouts and the right hand bend. He was about 10 minutes. He asked me how I thought I had done, and I told him I think I did ok, but would have liked a bit more time to be Pro Active with phase 2.
He agreed and said he had enjoyed it, and told me I had passed.
He said I could have asked more questions on Phase 2, but said to work on that for my Check Test.

I got a 5 for phase 1 and 4 for phase 2.
I will keep you posted on how my new car business develops with my motorbikes.

Thanks Everyone and I hope the write up helps smile

Robert.

Driver & Rider Training Centre www.rjhgroup.co.uk ADI Approved Driving Instructor Grade 5 (Car) DAS Direct Access Scheme Instructor (Motorcycle) DSA Driving Standards Agency- ATB Authorised Training Body (Motorcycle) RPMT Register of Post-test Motorcycle Trainer

09-12-08 17:37:49

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: PST 5 Write Up

#2 09-12-08 20:23:36

wolves
Verified Member

Well Done nice wright up.
best wishes Paul

Part 1.....100% & 57  passed 1st Time
Part 2.....4 minors     Passed 1st Time
Part 3.....3 & 3         Failed 1st attempt
part 3.....2 & 3         Failed 2nd attempt
part 3.....3 & 4         Failed 3rd attempt
part 1..Round2..96% & 68% passed 1st time
Part 2..Round2..3 minors 1 serious failed 1st attempt
Part 2..Round2..5 minors Passed 2nd attempt
Part 3..Round2..4 & 3 Failed 1st attempt
part 3..round2..3 & 3 failed 2nd attempt
part 3..round2..4 & 5 PASSED 3rd attempt woohoo!

#3 09-12-08 20:59:20

The Saint
Verified Member

Congratulations Robert. I am convinced that pupils and PDI's perform better when the test is approached with a 'positive mental attitude'.

You seem to have gone in with the right approach ad a 5/4 is an excellent result.

Did you think you didn't have to choose it?
That I alone could win or lose it?
In all the places we were hiding love
What was it we were thinking of?

Board footer