You are not logged in.

#1 28-11-08 23:48:54

mon
Verified Member
Website

sad

Hi ,
Just like to post that I am officially sad this evening,was supposed to go in 3 days time for 2 hours training( left and right of major road) had to cancel looks like the credit crunch has really caught up with us.I was so embarrassed ringing to tell my trainer I could not make it,the wife told me to tell Dave that she was away on business and we had no one to mind kids.When she was out of earshot I told him the truth,he was understanding enough but I can see that its encroaching on his income aswell cause I couldn't make it.
Are many Instructors finding a downturn in their work because of the so called Credit Crunch??
Mon

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

28-11-08 23:48:54

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: sad

#2 01-12-08 09:45:56

will66

Hi,

With regards to downturns in business... I have an interest in a funeral directors and we have experienced that people are arranging basic funerals and not wanting the add ons. We have seen this trend for the most part of the last six months and although we have "business" our profit margin is much lower. Thanks, W.

#3 01-12-08 23:10:29

Cat8t3
Verified Member

I think we are all in the same vote mate.  sad

I pay my instructor on a monthly basis by DD, so i know when i'm paying, it has worked out quite well, as im sure if i paid him on a PAYG basis i would struggle to work out how much i need and when, therefore never have the money.

This has nothing to do with driving, well sort of. My husbands bonnet flipped up the other day while driving at 60 and completely smashed his windscreen, because it was only an old rover it was only insured TPFT, so had no windscreen cover. I called Autoglass for a quote and with his 30% AA discount they wanted £350 for a new screen, which would of made the screen worth more than the Rover itself. His MOT was due Dec, so he decided that to scrap the Rover and Buy a new car would be the better option. He managed to get a nice looking Citeron for £400. My point is, is that even when we think we are going along fine and dandy, something always comes along that needs paying for, and always at the wrong time of year. :x :x

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

#4 02-12-08 06:45:13

Lynne
Verified Member

I was wondering Mon, don't you have to give your trainer some notice when you need to cancel?  I know the credit crunch thing his hit I am in the same boat, but as an instructor it drives me mad if a pupil cancels just the night before due to 'no money'.  Did you not know a few days ago you'd not have the funds so your trainer could potentially replace you in the diary?

#5 02-12-08 16:13:56

mon
Verified Member
Website

Hi ,Lynne sorry the way that was posted,I certainly didn't and wouldn't dare give one days  notice for cancelling training,3days was what I give due to mortgage commitments at end of month,can't get blood out of a stone and all that.I have handed or should I say the wife has handed over £700 so far,and I'm not quibbling,great trainer,knows his job.
Do Instructors not have any smypathy for genuine hardship stories or is there always ££££ signs in the eyes.
P.S I do have my heart on this Profession,be gentle with me Lynne.LOL
Mon

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 02-12-08 18:03:20

Luchell
Verified Member

Hey Mon, don't worry sometimes things don't always come across the way we would say them in real life if that makes any sense? Just reread your initial post and the way it reads sounds like you pulled a last minute Doh can't do it cancel. From your clarification in your last post that wasn't the case so it seems.

With the way things are at the moment and sod the credit crunch it's my only source of income and i live alone things can really b*gger you up when people pull last minute cancels you know are pulling your leg if you know what i mean. Those really are irritating however I try to be as fair to my pupils as i can be and they also are the same with me. After all, life has a habit of throwing things our way that cannot be helped sometimes. I am lucky to have a bunch of great pupils currently who are always considerate if I have any issues and i am the same with them.

#7 02-12-08 18:39:49

Lynne
Verified Member

Hi Mon smile I get where you are coming from now.  I echo everything Luchell says about being let down and being fair with my pupils too.

"Be gentle" lol I am a pushover and bend over backwards to help out people when I can, but, again, like Luchell says you have to draw the line at times.  I tell you when I hear how some instructors treat their pupils I really don't know how they can be like that...

#8 07-12-08 18:41:17

Graham Hooper
Verified Member
Website

Hi

I have one rule any training cancelled with less than 48hours notice has to be paid with no exceptions. Oh except one the client died. This may sound harsh, if you are up front with any client in the beginning they usually respect your terms and conditions. I will not train anyone until they have accepted these terms and conditions. If there is a case that someone cancels without giving adequate notice there are no feelings of guilt. Oh of course they can explain to my wife why I can not pay the mortgage this month, I wish them luck.

www.1st-4.org
www.tri-coachingpartnership.co.uk
Part 3 Rescue a speciality, Fleet/Learner check test, Coaching courses, Advanced driving SAFED, ADI-CPD or if just want some advice.

#9 07-12-08 19:16:26

mon
Verified Member
Website

Sorry Graham Hooper did u not read my 2nd post on this subject,self explanetary really sorry for any confusion,touchy bunch really DIs ...
Mon
lol

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 08-12-08 02:58:11

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

...but I can see that its encroaching on his income as well cause I couldn't make it.
Are many Instructors finding a downturn in their work because of the so called Credit Crunch??
Mon

Hi mon, it's good to see you have sympathy for others when appointments have to be cancelled.
So many people, instructors and pupils alike, don't seem to give a ****.

The economic downturn is certainly felt down here - I have several students who make regular appointments but who have suddenly stopped taking lessons, obviously because of their financial situation.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#11 08-12-08 09:12:41

Graham Hooper
Verified Member
Website

YES

www.1st-4.org
www.tri-coachingpartnership.co.uk
Part 3 Rescue a speciality, Fleet/Learner check test, Coaching courses, Advanced driving SAFED, ADI-CPD or if just want some advice.

Board footer