You are not logged in.

Professional online theory test software for independent driving instructors  photo Banner-Animation2-1.gif  photo Brentacre.gif

#1 14-11-08 21:42:25

waynesworld
Verified Member

Briefing Cockpit Drill

Am wanting to write a briefing for Cockpit Drill/Controls, have give it a go and its ended up nearly 3 pages long and is more like a lesson than a briefing. Should this be the case for this PST, I seem to remember reading somewhere Keep It Short and Sweet, doesn't seem possible on this one. :? Cheers WW.

14-11-08 21:42:25

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Briefing Cockpit Drill

#2 14-11-08 22:02:11

VandADI
Administrator

There is a perfect example of how the cockpit drill should be carried out just above your initial post.
http://www.drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/fo … 672.0.html

#3 14-11-08 22:13:56

waynesworld
Verified Member

OOOps didn't notice that , this is the line i was going down , but not with as much detail , but i thought the idea of briefings were to keep them brief, i guess this is not the case on this PST.Cheers WW.

#4 14-11-08 23:28:15

Stephen7738

I use the acronym of A.S.P.S. which is short and sweet and gets to the point,i don't know if it is any good for what you want.  But here it is

A= all doors secure,either check them physically by leaning across and pulling or ask the passenger(s)to check (the police way is to get out and walk around the car anti clockwise physically checking doors bonnet and boot.

S= seats and mirrors adjusted,either recheck them if drove to test centre or adjust if initially starting off.

P= pedals and panels checked,showing that you have checked your dash lights etc,pressure on brake pedal and handbrake.

S= seat belts fastened check inertia,and height of headrest.

Then you could tell them that you are ready to move off,and that your first consideration will be to do a moving brake test etc if you think it is necessary.
Stephen

#5 14-11-08 23:36:59

waynesworld
Verified Member

Thanks for that any help appreciated, this is going to be a huge learning curve for me. Cheers WW.

Board footer