You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 20-10-08 13:32:20

Target
Verified Member
Website

Power Point to Pdf to Website

Ive been working on some personal publications.

However....All was going well. I started in Powerpoint and then coverted the folders to Adobe.pdf files.

I guess the immediate solution could be to use a powerpoint presentation, but ive not tried that yet. Ill give it a go to see if im happy with that format.

The problem comes when I try to link the Pdf files to my website. I can link other files no problem, yet my own files do not seem to work.

Im using frontpage....had anyone tried this and can give me some guidance as 4 hours today and feel like im getting nowhere fast. Very frustrated.

p.s I cannot publish a Power Point Presentation either.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

20-10-08 13:32:20

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Power Point to Pdf to Website

#2 23-10-08 16:58:10

jackcollison
Verified Member

maybe the pdf files are not compatable with the version of acrobat you have?  try editing the html in notepad and just stick in a hyperlink i.e.
<a href="Handouts.pdf?phpMyAdmin=E2u3p75EWAWYvrZBfvZiVgS06Wd" class="style6"> PDF </a>
dont worry about the class element if you arent using css...
another thing you could try if you are having problems publishing to pdf is download a free pdf printer driver from download.com?

#3 23-10-08 17:03:20

Target
Verified Member
Website

Thanks for the reply........

I managed to sort it out for some reason the PDF files were not picked up in the same way perhaps a JPG or other document are found on the computer. Simply transeferring them to the website file seemed to do the trick.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

Board footer