You are not logged in.

#26 13-04-05 07:45:45

Rog
Website

Re: part 2

He's the one! Looks like a bit of an old school master  sad . What was he like?? Did he make you feel at ease, chat much etc?

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

13-04-05 07:45:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#27 13-04-05 17:10:08

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

I found my failure slip and just to confirm his name M.J.Vaughan.
He did chat with me at points of waiting at a red lights etc.
You will be ok, stay cool and keep the nerves at bay
I only failed with 9 minors so just missed out with 3 too many errors.
Good luck and let us know how it went.

Regards.

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#28 14-04-05 11:33:51

Rog
Website

I Passed !!    sad  :?  :shock:  yikes  big_smile

Oh my god, I never want to go through that again - the worst 60 minutes of my life, but it's done now, so it's onward and upward!!

Part 3, here I come!!

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

#29 14-04-05 11:39:37

Django

Top Man!!

Well done.

How many faults did he give you or was it a clean sheet? Either way it don't matter a pass is a pass.

Have fun with part III

#30 14-04-05 12:11:19

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Well done Rog!

Congratulations and cheers to part 3

My turn next.
Did you have Mr Vaughan, which route and was it a clean sheet?

Must be over the moon.

#31 14-04-05 18:10:12

Rog
Website

Django & Sibeks,

Many thanks for your congratulations. I had 6 minors, 2 of which came from my instructor telling me that I'd fail on the motorway section if I sat at 65 mph in lane 1. I needed to get straight to 70 on the nose (conditions allowing) and 71/72 to pass if required to get back to lane 1.

The SE was gob smacked, he said "can you imagine the grief I'd get if I had to report that I'd failed you for driving at 65 MPH on a motorway! If it's clear, I've got no problem with you sitting at 60 in lane 1 and as for 71/72 mph to overtake, that'll land you a driving fault"!

I got a fault for changing from lane 1 to lane 2 without leaving a long enough delay, as the traffic in lane 1 was only doing around 60 as soon as I pulled on, so I cancelled the indicators and put them on about 2 seconds later to go to lane 2. I then got stuck behind a KA sitting in the middle lane at 70, I moved to the outside and 71/72 mph, so she sped up to 72. I then pulled back to lane 2 and waited to see if she'd pull into lane 1 to let me pass. She didn't, too late, driver fault, for forward planning!! If I'd stayed at 60 with the other traffic in lane 1 and just passed them when she was gone I'd have been 2 minors better off  :x

Oh well, you live and learn, I'm just pleased I passed anyhow.

smile

#32 16-04-05 08:04:47

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

Well done Rog big_smile
But where did you go?
I've got my part 2 in Slough this week and I'm really getting nervous now.............. I'm glad you said about the getting up to 71/2 though as that is what I was told.

Alex

#33 16-04-05 09:28:09

Alibran

Hey, Rog!  I've only just seen your post.  Well done and welcome to part 3.

Regarding motorway speed limits, I was also told to exceed 70 "if necessary", which I think meant if I was going to impede the progress of another driver.  I decided to stick to the speed limit, dropping to 60-65 a couple of times when I had to, and the SE was obviously happy with that.  I had enough trouble remembering to keep to the speed limits as it was without remembering to selectively NOT keep to them as well!!

#34 16-04-05 13:59:46

Rog
Website

Kevin,

My route was as follows:

DTC across the Brunel roundabout, Back of the high street to Yew Tree Road. Straight across at the Co-op roundabout, onto the Uxbridge road, hang a left by the old army cadet place and you’ll do most of the manoeuvres around there including your emergency stop. Back out onto the Uxbridge road by the George pub heading towards Iver. Second right to George Green, follow through past the back old back entrance of Orchards Park mobile home estate and past St Mary's church. Left onto the Langley road. Right at the roundabout towards the M4. Left by Lloyds bank, right near the bottom for the left reverse and then out onto Parlont road. Hung a right after the shops towards Colnbrook, pulled up on the left and pulled away again? Over the motorway and down into Colnbrook going round to the right and heading towards the M4. Where we got on for 1 junction and came off at Slough central. Hung a right at the Copthorne roundabout and went through Chalvey, turning left before the bridge and going back up towards the Bath road. Straight across at the lights (Stoke road?), left at the traffic lights and used those side roads for the reverse park and headed back to the DTC.

Remember, he Mike Vaughan (the Slough SE) doesn't like you going above 70 (I did, but didn't get a minor). He's also happy for you to do 60 in lane 1 (see my previous post).

Remember, you may not get this route, he has 4 to choose from.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Rog

#35 16-04-05 14:34:40

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Hay Rog,

You remember the route well enough to remind me that you did the exact route I had which is route 3. Could'nt remember half the landmarks though. Interesting about the motorway bit.

Kevin all the best in Slough next week. I'm having my second attempt this wednesday. I might get this route again.

All the best and I HOPE I can celebrate, as it will be a huge weight off my shoulders.

Regards

#36 16-04-05 14:35:47

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

Thanks for the information Rog!
At least I have a general idea on where 3 of the routes go now,I've been out for a nice long drive this morning out towards the M40 via Iver, Mansion Lane etc. I hadn't been that way for years! I don't think there is much more I can do now except keep the nerves at bay.
Alex

#37 16-04-05 14:42:17

Rog
Website

Best of luck to both of you!!

Regards
Rog

#38 16-04-05 14:42:59

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

Good Luck Sibecks! I hope it goes well for you, might see you at the DTC smile
Alex

#39 16-04-05 14:46:57

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Sorry Alex, I called you Kevin :oops:
Good luck and hope it goes well for you also
Are you doing it on Wednesday too?

All the best

#40 16-04-05 14:54:10

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

Thats ok, yes Wednesday morning  roll
roll on Thursday lol
Alex

#41 28-04-05 19:31:40

Rog
Website

kestrelkevin44 and sibeks,

How did you guys get on?

Rog

#42 28-04-05 20:23:49

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Thanks for asking Rog,
I managed to pass the second time around with 4 minors. One of them was the control stop - total disaster that was.
I have booked 5 hours training for part 3 on May 19th with more to follow.
Have you started your training for part 3 yet?
All the best
Si

#43 28-04-05 22:22:50

Rog
Website

Congrats Sibeks  big_smile . Isn't it just the best feeling when they tell you you've passed!

As for my part 3, I've got 3 hours booked for the 10th of May. I'm currently working my way through the study material and watching the vids. Just purchased an additional 5 from LDC (£65).

I can see now that there's a lot to take in for the part 3, but I'm up for it.

Rog

#44 09-05-05 10:04:35

Tracy
Verified Member
Website

Hi,
I passed my part one last week and I've started on my part two training. I booked my test already becasuse the current waiting lists are over 7 weeks! This means my test isn't until the very end of June. Does this sound like enough time to pass? I'm taking four hour lessons with my instructor each week. Is this a reasonable amount of time or have I jumped the gun a little? Thanks

www.thumbbandits.com
The Friendly Video-Gaming Site!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#45 09-05-05 10:44:44

Django

Tracy wrote:

Hi,
I passed my part one last week and I've started on my part two training. I booked my test already becasuse the current waiting lists are over 7 weeks! This means my test isn't until the very end of June. Does this sound like enough time to pass? I'm taking four hour lessons with my instructor each week. Is this a reasonable amount of time or have I jumped the gun a little? Thanks

This sounds more than enough time 7 X 4 = 28 hours training. Go for it. I did it first time with twelve hours training.

#46 09-05-05 17:51:19

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

4 hours in one go sounds like a lot to me.  I think I had about 8 one hour lessons, that was hard work as it was.
You should be perfect by the time the end of June comes round.
Good luck.

Si

#47 09-05-05 18:40:23

Tracy
Verified Member
Website

Hiya,
Thanks alot for the opinions. I appreciate them. I think 4 hour lessons are long too but thats the way the company I'm training with prefer it and I think we get a little 15 minute break in between to rethink and so on. Hopefully I'll be ready for June coming around. Thanks!
Tracy

www.thumbbandits.com
The Friendly Video-Gaming Site!

Board footer