You are not logged in.

#1 17-09-08 22:24:39

babycakes2k

Urgent advice needed pls!

Hi everyone. I'm new here but after spending an hour or so reading through various posts, I am sure one of you lovely people will be able to give me some good honest advice! So here goes...

I signed up with Lets Drive (now Red / Instructor College) over 2 years ago. I passed my Part 1 pretty much straight away but then due to various issues (Lets Drive no longer trading, 2 babies, etc) I only started training for Part 2 earlier this year. I passed on my 2nd attempt and have since been training for my Part 3. I have had 36 hours training on a 2 to 1 basis. I now face a major dilemma!

My theory test expires on the 3rd of October 2008. The original plan was to book my test on the 2nd (on the advice of my trainer) and therefore have 6 weeks or so after this date to get some more training in. My training session today was terrible. I am nowhere near test standard. I can't get another lesson with my tutor until the 23rd of October so I am not likely to be able to get anymore training sessions in between now and a potential test date. I am really struggling with my briefs and although I have been told I need to practice on my own, I don't have the first clue on where to start. I am really concerned now and have come up with the following 3 options -

1. Try to practice as much as I can, get as many training sessions in as I can (keep checking for cancellations) and take my test irrelevant. That way if I pass, I pass but if not, I have a better idea of what to expect during the test for next time. If I fail, I will have to start from Part 1 again.

2. Book my test as planned and practice as much as I can. If I still feel I'm not ready just before my test, then cancel it and voluntarily start from Part 1 again. I am concerned about all the costs involved with this option and not sure of how much extra training the Instructor College would give me.

3. Just give up now, wait 2 weeks till my Part 1 expires and start again!

Sorry for the lengthy post but I have a really bad headache from worrying about this all day. I have been out of work for almost 3 years now so really need this but want to do what's best really. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

17-09-08 22:24:39

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Urgent advice needed pls!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 17-09-08 22:50:47

tony adi
Verified Member
Website

Well you did ask for honest advise so here it is:

Bite the bullet and pay for decent training. The only decent training is 1 to 1 with somebody who knows what they're talking about and is prepared to commit to your needs and requirements not their own or their companies.

As your probably now aware most of these training companies only want your money.

Sorry, but you did ask smile smile

www.selbydriving.co.uk

12.gif

“Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same
function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy
state of things.”
~ Winston Churchill

#3 18-09-08 05:27:44

Trumper
Verified Member

What area are you in? Someone on here might help you?

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual
Cardington A , D.I.A Special test, R.O.S.P.A , I.A.M

#4 18-09-08 08:23:57

babycakes2k

Thank you for your responses.

I'm in Blackburn, Lancashire.

Do you think I would be able to get short notice training to fit in before my potential test date? I think it would probably be about mid November. Also how does extra training work? Is it per hour or charged per course, etc?

I think you are right. That is what I will have to do!

#5 18-09-08 08:46:40

Trumper
Verified Member

Try and get as much training as possible before Oct test. If you do fail then you can book next test after your 2 years date i.e December??  It must be booked before end of your 2 years though.

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual

#6 18-09-08 12:47:20

MJK
Verified Member

It is doable in the timeframe you are working to but it will cost. I suspect you are looking at an additional expenditure of about £500 on training. Only you can decide whether you are prepared to invest that much on top of what you have already spent and don't expect to earn £30,000 a year as soon as you pass.

Good luck, Mike

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 18-09-08 13:37:23

babycakes2k

Try and get as much training as possible before Oct test. If you do fail then you can book next test after your 2 years date i.e December??  It must be booked before end of your 2 years though.

I haven't yet booked a test. The plan was to book the test just before my theory expired and hopefully get a date for Nov / Dec.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 18-09-08 13:38:14

babycakes2k

It is doable in the timeframe you are working to but it will cost. I suspect you are looking at an additional expenditure of about £500 on training. Only you can decide whether you are prepared to invest that much on top of what you have already spent and don't expect to earn £30,000 a year as soon as you pass.

Good luck, Mike

I would be willing to pay that. Any ideas who could train me within the said timescales?

#9 18-09-08 14:00:20

kaf
Verified Member
Website

To get a better idea of the level of performance needed to pass part 3, have a look at the Blaine Walsh site, his online videos are worth thier weight in gold.

http://aditraining.tv/frames/frames.asp … ruzegul222 

#10 19-09-08 16:21:27

MJK
Verified Member

Have you found a good local trainer yet? If not someone on here should be able to point you in the right direction. Sorry I live down south so can't help, Mike

#11 21-09-08 13:36:20

abrocky
Verified Member
Website

i can recommend a trainer, Ian from Express way, he is based in preston (not far away) and is highly recommended. if u want his number contact me.

#12 21-09-08 14:38:27

Trumper
Verified Member

If you are stuck, I am in Nottingham and can help. If your theory expires on 3rd October, you need to pass your part 3 by 2nd October -

Not quiet correct. As long as you have a test booked before Oct 3 you can take that test after your two years are up. For example November. This may give you more time for extra training

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual

#13 21-09-08 19:42:32

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Hi I can reccomend a guy called Ken Wright in Morecambe, his number is 01524 859354

hope this helps

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

Board footer