You are not logged in.

#1 01-08-08 19:12:50

catweazle
Verified Member

part 3 monday and its all gone wrong

part 3 monday and its all gone wrong car is nackered so my 3 months of ref points and comfort zone are gone!
my car is  a corsa i have borrowed a focus  but only get it with 30 mins to spare.any one got any ref point  help please.

thanks

01-08-08 19:12:50

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: part 3 monday and its all gone wrong

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 01-08-08 20:16:06

Mat_Leeke
Verified Member
Website

How old is the focus? I'm learning in an 08 focus so might be able to help you with some rough reference points but do remember they are different for everyone because of size, seat position etc

DSA Approved Driving Instructor (car)

www.adi-mat.com

#3 01-08-08 20:19:40

catweazle
Verified Member

about 2 years old

i think

#4 01-08-08 20:22:26

Mat_Leeke
Verified Member
Website

That will be roughly the same shape then. It's only had a minor face lift since. Which reference points are you after?

www.adi-mat.com

#5 01-08-08 22:51:54

Lynne
Verified Member

Catweazle.. as Mat says it will differ slightly depending on where they sit/height etc., you need to see them from where YOU  are but send me your email addy and I will send you the handouts I give to my pupils as their rough 'template' for manoeuvres.

Lynne

#6 02-08-08 13:26:18

catweazle
Verified Member

thankyou   email sent big_smile

catweazle

#7 04-08-08 16:00:41

catweazle
Verified Member

ok it went from bad to worse was pyhsically sick just before test with nerves
then just forget everything my trainer taught me and i practised
however se was far better than i expected   but was already at 30  0000000000000   ft on flapometer  and came down with a crash

i nailed se on some things but missed others my core copetancies were 3's and 2's
level instruction  and planning 2 &3's control   4 and 2 communicartion both 6 q&A  5 and 4  feedback 3 and 2

i cant remember asking one question or giving any feed back .
it felt like the dentist had injected me in the tongue and my mouth was full of porridge.
but hey  next time should be better i know what to work on (everything)
se was  really helpfull afterwards  and gave me a thorough debrief and said just need to keeep nailing him with core comps all the way to completion

2nd attempt booked plus lots of extra training already booked

#8 04-08-08 16:45:25

Mat_Leeke
Verified Member
Website

Sorry to hear that mate. Better luck for next time!

www.adi-mat.com

#9 04-08-08 18:27:38

mani
Verified Member

sorry to hear that, all the best for your next test and keep training.

#10 05-08-08 17:44:37

Janeway
Verified Member
Website

There's a green badge with your name on it, your time will come!  wink

ORDIT Registered ADI Trainer
Fleet Trainer
Grade 6
B.Ed
http://www.voyagerinstructortraining.com

#11 08-08-08 21:11:36

smithwold
Verified Member
Website

Keep yer chin up Catweazle. I blew my first attempt mainly due to nerves. Couldn't even find my way out of the waiting room.... Ex easily picked up on it and exploited it to the fullest by running rings around me.
Biggest mistake I made was by not pulling him up to discuss errors. Thought I could do it on the go but he just kept firing questions and directions at me not giving me the opportunity to correct him.
My 2nd attempt was very different and I'm sure yours will be too if you are well prepared for it.

#12 09-08-08 18:32:42

catweazle
Verified Member

thanks for words of encouragement   it can only get better

i hope

catweazle

#13 10-08-08 06:59:13

FRANKS
Verified Member

why not hire a car from Robinsons, they do Corsas, probably a bit late for Monday

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

Board footer