You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 26-07-08 15:53:19

Luchell
Verified Member

Children say and think the funniest things!!!!!!

Priceless comment by my beautiful niece Chloe today!! She's 4 and a half now and a bright little button. Today at her Nans (My mums) we were all in the kitchen with my sister in law who is almost ready to 'drop' baby number 2 'Alex' my nephew  lol I'm getting so excited!!

Anyhow, we were all just chatting around the table as you do, my sister in law is an only child and it has taken her a fair few years to get used to how my brother and I are with each other, you know the usual winding each other up, the sarcasm and a few bruises as well as all the stories of when he used to drop me in it with mum and dad when it was HIM who was the culprit!! He's a year and two weeks younger than me and we were very close growing up. My sis in law obviously feels a bit left out at times because she cannot relate to how we are with each other if that makes sense?

Well, Sis in law didn't want her daughter to grow up with no siblings so 4 and a half years later alex is nearly here. Finally Chloe is beginning to understand who 'Aunty Hayley' really is! She is learning what having a brother or sister means, and now often says to me You're Daddys sister aren't you?' looking all proud of herself bless her.

She cannot wait to teach alex things but today it all got too much. She turned to me in front of everyone and asked in a loud voice 'Aunty Hayley, didn't you ever wish they left Daddy in there much longer?'  yikes yikes       I turned to answer her then she said 'Well not too long but i think next christmas would work better for me if that's ok mummy?'  lol Oh dear, we were helpless!! Priceless  lol

26-07-08 15:53:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Children say and think the funniest things!!!!!!

#2 26-07-08 15:56:32

Luchell
Verified Member

That's Chloe and i above as is this one  lol   

#3 27-07-08 12:20:11

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

When I was young in my teens I felt uncomfortable around kids... a typical arrogant young male I suppose, I'm sure half the problem was that I felt superior to them.
Now I've grown up into a crusty old bachelor who has avoided marriage all his life (I did have a near-miss though, phew!) my tune has changed.
I find that not only can I talk normally to children, I enjoy it too.

I often lament that I have never had kids, especially now while living in my block of units which has some small boys & girls running around - I would like to be a grandfather and share their growing-up experience but it's a bit late now.

However as driving instructor a large portion of my students are 16 to 17 year olds and I really enjoy working with them, especially the 16-year-olds who are on the very threshold of adulthood - they have an interesting mixture of childish innocence and mature cynicism.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#4 27-07-08 16:51:44

Luchell
Verified Member

I'm starting to find it a bit easier and I'm only 29  lol Thing is the only brats i have are the cats and i can talk to them in baby' talk all day long  lol I'm fine with that........ until someone puts me near a young child  lol Now Chloe's getting older and can actually string a sentence together it's so much easier  lol Here we go again when Alex arrives, I think it will be easier to work out what to do with him as a tiny baby  lol Embarrassing i know, I will never forget my brothers face after i had changed Chloe's nappy when he asked me 'Why is the picture on the nappy on her bum?'  yikes I dunno!! How was i spose to know the pretty bit goes at the front   roll lol

#5 27-07-08 21:01:58

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

I remember Bill Cosby on TV talking about his role as a parent, he said:
"I don't change nappies. Don't like surprises!"
I feel the same way.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#6 28-07-08 00:05:07

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

My wifes neice Zara is 6 and maybe slightly behind in her education, but still a clever, happy little girl.

One afternoon at her Nana's (my mother in law) she wanted to go and see the lady who had the puppies, or something like that. Her nana said that they couldnt, as the lady was out working, she delivers wee babies.

Zara seemed a bit puzzled and went quiet, with that confused look on her face.  Then eventually she said "nana i dont understand, how does the lady know where to deliver the babies to?"

Think that will come out on her wedding daý !

#7 28-07-08 15:02:47

Leprechaun

I work with children but have said all along i don't 'do' babies  yikes I really really don't like them - all they do is cry, eat, poo, wee, sick all day!!!

I love children - but not till they get to about 5 or 6 years old - i had a great day last weekend playing with the 2 daughters of one of my colleagues - they're 6 and 8.

#8 28-07-08 15:47:57

Luchell
Verified Member

I've always said when i am about to 'pop a sprog' I'm going into the bathroom on my own, when i'm done i shall hand the baby out for someone to cut the cord  lol lol lol lol     

#9 28-07-08 15:54:53

Luchell
Verified Member

My poor sister in law when Chloe was very young went to these wonderful american sign language for babies thing. It was interesting to hear about and impressive that Chloe was able to communicate with a tiny bit of signing for i need the loo and i'm hungry! Her vocabulary began to expand (Not the verbal sort, the signing sort) problem was none of us apart from Chloes Mum and Dad understood what on earth she wanted.

Now that was hard!! She was sat here with me and my brother was on the phone to one of his staff. It didn't sound the most pleasent of calls and someone was obviously getting a telling off. I became aware that Chloe was trying very very hard to communicate with me, she was now almost 2 and a half and refusing to use any words. Chloe got more and more aggitated as my brother continued to chat and i was trying desperately to play charades and guess the problem  neutral neutral    In the end I had to get my brother to end his call because i needed him urgently to tell me what was wrong with Chloe who by this point was getting rather red in the face trying to explain to her not so clever aunt what on earth the problem was.

Thank goodness, Matt got off the phone in the end, I felt very relieved. I briefly told him poor Chloe urgently needed something and i wondered if him getting more and more annoyed on the phone to his worked had anything to do with it.

He burst out laughing and said 'Hayley, she wants to know where her favourite cat is'  yikes  roll  roll Oh great, I had been having a heart attack desperately trying to find out what the problem was. Thankfully that was enough in the end to stop poor Chloe from signing everything and they made her talk properly instead. Thing is she's as bad as me now  lol lol lol lol Most sentences when she's at my mums house start with 'Actually Nanny.........'     lol

#10 09-08-08 13:02:33

Luchell
Verified Member

Well my nephew arrived Thursday via C section. Unfortunately he's not very well. He went straight into intensive care as he's having trouble breathing and I've just been told his lung has collapsed overnight  neutral So after lessons I shall be popping into the hospital to see how mum dad and baby are doing. Fingers crossed little Alex turns the corner soon.

Board footer