You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 22-07-08 23:01:39

Jaemey
Verified Member
Website

OMG

Nothing too interesting to write nor any comments to make but I can't believe how much hard work this part 3 malarky is. But as my Granny used to say "easy doesn't come easy". Its just me venting a wee bit as the pressure is starting to build. My test is next Tuesday and although I'm not nervous I really do feel the pressure. Whether thats self induced or not I'm not quite sure, is there such a thing as being too pernickity when training for this? Anyone who is reading this that remembers me when I first posted on here (aaaaah those were the days) will know I knew there was a lot of work involved but I had no idea!!!! None at all!!!! big_smile It was a strange thing really. As soon as I passed part 2 all of a sudden the weight of study, practice, tuition, finding out everything that was available to help, looking for hints and tips and teaching too, hit me like the veritable sh**load. Any advice that I could offer, if anyone would be interested, give it everything you can then double it. I am not through the other side yet so I'm not really sure how valid my advice/opinion may be, but when I'm out on the road with a learner, and watching them take in things that I'VE taught them and watch them suddenly understand why it's done that way, is a feeling that's incomprehensible to those who haven't been out with anyone. I totally understand people, trainers and training establishments saying not to get stuck on the "learner" route to part 3, however, if you can couple it with good quality study, so that your knowledge is infallible, and good quality practice with other training partners so that your instruction is impeccable, with good training, so that your technique is unshakable, I really think that there should be no reason that you should fail. I also understand that the examiner isn't looking for it to be perfect, but my opinion on that is if you have the opportunity to be the best you can then you should !!!!!!!! well do it. I can see driver training in the future becoming a very competitive market, so give yourself the edge, get a 6/6. Don't aim for a 4/4, as I saw on one other post today, the advice given there was if you aim for a 4/4 you ain't got no wiggle room, Go for the 6 every time. Yes you may get disappointed of the 5/5 or 4/4, but just like the L test is the start of your driving career, then also the part 3 is the start of you teaching career. If a 4/4/ is attained, work for the 6 on your check test. well I think thats my venting done for now, oh, can I just say thank you one and all for contributing to this forum without which I'm sure I'd be in my local asylum, it really has helped me through some real dark times. Some of the posts have made me cry with laughter just when I needed it most. I also like to extend my apologies for not posting that often, but I'm sure you all understand the effort it takes to become an instructor. Part 3, god willing will result in a 6/6 for me, then I can relax.   Thanks for reading sorry to go on and on and on but It needed to come out to make room for some learning. big_smile smile sad yikes :? 8-) lol :x tongue :oops: :cry: :evil:  roll neutral wink :afro: :police: tongue :angel:

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

www.passexpress.co.uk

22-07-08 23:01:39

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: OMG

#2 23-07-08 07:47:22

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

All the best for next week  big_smile

As you've said its not easy! The dark times u mention...yip been there! but it makes the light shine brighter in the end! But if you put the work, effort & determination in you will succeed, and it sounds like you are well on track for that  smile
I think the qualification process is a shock to the system to a vast majority, i know it was to me...It is not just a case of jumping in a car and telling someone what to do!

#3 23-07-08 12:37:21

Cat8t3
Verified Member

That was a very good vent, lol  tongue

Good luck for next week, it sounds like you are completely on track.  smile

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

#4 26-07-08 11:12:35

HereComesTrouble

GOOD LUCK. I am sure you will do well.

Tip from me. KISS. Keep It SImple Stupid.
1. Q&A to establish understanding/last lesson
2. Give an appropraite briefing
3. CORE COMPS. The most important part. HANDS, FEET, EYES. Watch them like a hawk. Spot ANYTHING at all, identify, analyse, correct. They are NOT an examnier once they start driving, they are just another pupil. Don't forget that.

4. Remember they are two DIFFERENT pupils. One is part trained/beginner. One is fully trained or FLH. Don't underinstruct phase 1, don't overinstruct the DIFFERENT pupil in phase 2.

Let us know your pass marks. I am betting on a 5/5

#5 03-09-08 21:45:27

Jaemey
Verified Member
Website

lol I eventually did pass and my examiner said it was a close 5/4 nearly a 5/5 so you weren't far off atl HCT

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

www.passexpress.co.uk

Board footer